Dubai Petroleum

Dubai Petroleum Employee Reviews

). I am responsible for all mechanical activities through the field. My duties are not restricted to but include monthly/weekly/daily planning, overseeing rotating equipment change out/upgrades, ensuring all Safety Critical PPM’s are completed on time with zero deferment’s, ensuring mechanical permits are submitted on time, conducting daily safety briefings, STAR card observations, Permit To Work Audits.
Good for learning & experience with multi skilled employees. Enthusiastic team work High safety standard. God exposure of different jobs. latest system in oil field.
Its important to take care of yourself and your co workers. Nothing is so urgent that you can't take the time to do it safely. Safety is an attitude.
The job is good and interesting, the team work is good. however working hours are excessive and some of the senior management generate a culture that is unbearable. The company has turned in do exact what management say with challenging them or your sacked.
Pros
pay, travel
Cons
current senior management is destroying the company
it was great and fun to work , the people were amazing , we were just complaining because we couldn't get Saturday holiday but we employees were like a family even the managers were good with us
Pros
community
Cons
no holiday on saturday
Treated me well with pay and travel. Most of the people treated me well. The company is very strict on safety programs and looks out for employee well being. They are pretty good company to work with.
Pros
Business class travel
Cons
Bad climate in Dubai
Day starts with the standard tool box talks and ends with interesting topics to learn about. work premises were well equipped with advanced equipments
Pros
free lunches and snacks
Cons
short breaks especially during the summer
Good job with lots of friendly personnel there. The local culture was very interesting. Management was very focused on Safety and very involved with the results of our safety program.
Pros
Good office environment.
Cons
None.
Busy from the time you come in till you leave. The work place is very demanding as I had a demanding group to support Hard work to succeed Since it was in the Middle East it was difficult to cater to all kinds of people so it was a demanding workplace Busy all the time
Pros
Professioanal people that you work with
Cons
Rare holidays
Worked on 12 hrs shift on 28/28 ON/OFF schedule. Enough work load to keep yourself busy all the time. Nice team work all thetime as colleagues co-operated well, good guidance by supervision.
Pros
Offshore work location helped to increase savings
Cons
tense atmosphere, heavy work load all the time
The day starts by 05:45 hrs with meeting with Complex Production Superintendent. Discussion regarding the important jobs planned for the day and safety/production impacts . 06:00 hrs start of the day with safety meeting with all operators and supervisors. Review of permit to work for the next day. Plans for the week ahead. Clear the things to do list Troubleshooting of any process problems 15:30 hrs: Proudction Supervisors meeting with Complex superintendent and briefing of the days activities- Jobs went well and otherwise. 16:30 hrs: Scheduler's / Planners meeting about the activities of the day and the plan for the next day.
Pros
As it is an offshore location, all food served here is free
Cons
Though 12 hours duty, the duty time is extended depending upon the activities. Normally extra duty hours exist.
It is really a nice experience working here. I actually love my job and my colleagues. The only thing is that I am under an outsourced company that is why the salary and benefits are just limited.
The company had excellent recreational facilities, excellent compensations without job security
Pros
Sandwiches were provides at half price and free Tea/Coffee.
Cons
Short breaks, company clinic
This company does not exist any more. Management was good and caring. Nice Office, excellent timings were plus points.
no improvement in promotion otherwise its a good place to work
Meetings, decisions, teleconferences and emails. I have learnt a lot in terms of Reservoir Management and Reservoir Optimization in this company.
I am working here for the last 8 years, i am happy with this company, but i am expecting to move forward, so i am trying for other company
Pros
good work culture and safrty standards
Cons
less salary and opportunity
Very good company. A subsidiary of CONOCO, USA and based on offshore facilities.
Pros
Free lunches and other lodging facilities in offshore platforms
Cons
It was a 12-hour work cycle.
in d p e working with very safely and they are maintain very good work posture .their i handled very precision equipments