DUBAI INTERNATIONAL HOTEL

DUBAI INTERNATIONAL HOTEL Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates63 reviews

Fast-paced environment

Being inside the airport, there's a lot of items that you are not allowed to bring with you:100ml perfume, hairspray, any undocumented item, sharp items

Pros

*Cafeteria available for staff with massage chairs *unexpected view of important and popular people

Cons

From Accomodation to workplace, it will take you 1 hour of overall travel and walking under the sun if your schedule is afternoon 😂

We had a team gathering.

It was mine first experience out my country.They taking care the staff very well especially new arriving staffs.It gives totally new experience in my career and my life as well.Thank you.

Place makes it happening

Its Dubai International Hotel at Dubai airport!!!!! You meet new people every minute, I literally mean every minute. Its so amazing to work at the airport. Even though it's a long walk to the restaurant from security check, I just loved it.

Pros

AIRPORT passengers and Tips

Competitive

A good platform for freshers. Had alot of things to learn and develop knowledge. Corporative management and chefs. Willing to help and support at anytime.

Fun to work with

Dubai International Hotel is a very big property since it was located inside the 3 concourses of Dubai Airport. This is a 520 room hotel consists of internatinal restaurants and lounges.

Great Place To Work

Good place to learn. Great team working.This hotel is the useful for those people who is going to start their carrier in hospitality because all the senior staff are helpful and friendly.

Good learning experience good team work

It was really fun and challenging place to work in dubai international airport hotel. Everyday we work everday we learn a new things.not only i got and experience about waiter as a employee they gave me all the training regarding the bar, executive lounge service training, housekeeping, cleaning and housekeeping, food and hygiene classes and many more day to day tips regarding the quality service to our customers and guests.

Pros

Free food and accommodation

Cons

10 hours

Excellent and memorable experience

This was my first venture into accounting and finance after more that 25 years of software development and even though the work was challenging with long working hours, I had excellent colleagues in the management team as well as great team members in my department which made my tenure at the hotel a very fulfilling one.

Very toxic work place

It’s a very large company inside the airport, they have lots of f&b outlets and hotels. Colleagues are friendly but management was the worst management I’ve ever seen. They don’t listen to their staffs needs and they don’t care about the staffs health. Duty was rotating from 4 shifts morning, afternoon, evening, and night. It’s all 12 hours shift and weekly rotation. People tend to get sick due to their lack of sleep and most of us was not effective anymore with our jobs. This company also keeps employees passports and you need to get through a lot before you can borrow it.

Pros

Duty free and airport restaurants discounts.

Cons

Long hours and very low salary

Place to Learn the true hard way

People that work here are genuinely helpful and friendly Management are really supportive People are promoted internally Really suits people who like a fast pace/ entrepreneurial Free Lunches that are healthy and high quality,

Pros

Passionate people

Cons

Limited flexibility around working hours, with different generations in the business having different opinions

Jobs at DUBAI INTERNATIONAL HOTEL

See more jobs

has a nice accommodation for hotel staff,free food as well.Has a good security.

Dubai international hotel is a good workplace for hoteliers and airport enthusiast. They provide training for the staff monthly to boost well their confidence and gain additional knowledge.they also provide free accommodation and food for their staff. They also have medical insurance for each staff. The typical day at work is going to work with a smile and confidence and the knowledge about the job you are in to.So far the hardest job of my job is dealing with irate customers of course you need to deal with much patience and professionalism.For the most enjoyable part is building a rapport with the guest and providing them with quality service.

Pros

free food/meals, 2 days off in a week plus Public holiday

Cons

12 hours duty

Good management

Nice company to work with. Friendly associates and environment. Good working condition for staff and very supportive management specially in learning about new stuff from your workplace and peers.

Pros

Free food and accommodation

Cons

no overtime pay

must be more take care staff

the management should not think about money need to think also about all staff. should be all staff need to give same spoon. but this management mafia only Pilipino

Pros

free food

Cons

no breaks

Im happy working this lalce

Good job opportunities for those who are starting their career this company gives proper training to ensure that you can work under pressure at any circumstances

Pros

Free meal

Privileged

* Good environment for a workplace, I met a lot of people with different nationalities and cultures. Management are always supporting our needs in terms of the Job, and the workplace culture is by being happy to make customers happy. * The hardest part of the job is when you run for your next arrival flight to a very far and remote gate where a chance of missing the guest is possible. * The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone is working as a team in terms of assisting and helping everyone in the premises of our Hotel inside the airport, and in the whole airport as well.

Pros

Free food, laundry, and accommodation.

Cons

Long hours, and very busy sometimes.

fantastic time with service career

This is my good time to being a employee of service sector .i have learned much more about bar knowledge and cashiering .and important things is that i got a good experience about hospitality field . Be always patient and work as a teamwork...actually its not hard to work as bartender for my view .it very interesting job i ever had .the most enjoyable part of the job is busy time ..i can't feel boring .

Pros

free food at duty time

Cons

13 hours

Great Place to work

Great place to work. Many opportunities within the Department. Performance-based career advancement, not an Area Manager's pet based career promotions/advancement. Latest high technology use in every department. The work environment is fun and caring. Job work and life balanced activities thru out the year. The employer always invested funds on training and career development programs. Many social, religious and sports events organized for the staffs. Dubai's one of the greatest Incentive/bonus program encouraged each and every employee's full productivity supports the increase the revenue and the profitability.

Pros

Great system execution

high speed work environment

The work place is always busy and on the go since we cater to travellers that stays for a long hours before their next flight. All booking are either pre-booked or booked through walk in.

Pros

Meeting and exercising patience during the stressful time of duty

Cons

Long and stressful working hours of 14hrs

The most enjoyable part of the job

You got to learn a lot of things and got to have lots of people to meet every day. It is a very busy hotel but for beginners, it is a great stepping stone.

Pros

Free food accommodation and airleine ticket

Cons

overtime without pay

Challenging, fast-paced, stressful but a Life Changer Experience

We work 10 hours a day with one day off only, an average span of hours for this hotel. I learned too much from here, from check in and out using OPERA ORACLE at any given time - everyday, with over more than 30-50 in transit guests encountered by one person in every 06 reception desks, coming from all over the globe for a layover. Careful handling of unusual and complex requests and complaints that is more than usual compared to an ordinary hotel. Gates, Flight and various Airlines information was required to learn too as expected out of you by transit passengers. Cash, credit cards and city ledger payments handled for cashiering. HUSTLE AND BUSTLE everyday that gets you worked up but tires you a lot afterwards and just puts you to sleep, leaving you no room for a word "LIFESTYLE". But getting the chance to deal with a lot of different people, culture and race, it enticed me to go and push myself more and be out of my comfort zone.

Cons

travel time and long walks in and out the airport

Good place

Good for Freshers.4 shift with in the air port. 500 rooms operational multinational friendly work place .bonus every year management is not helpful no motivation

Pros

free food

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DUBAI INTERNATIONAL HOTEL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

DUBAI INTERNATIONAL HOTEL Reviews by Location