Dubai Electricity and Water Authority

United Arab Emirates165 reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & Benefits

Ideal workplace

Great companyGood Job security Salary and other benefits are good Flexibility in workGreat management Office environment is very helpful for allOver all I like to work in Dewa

A place having too much learning opportunities but no career-er growth

Getting promotion is DEWA is very difficult even if you get promoted to a higher grade your salary will not be same to those working on the same grade. HR policy for accommodation allowance and promotion for existing employees needs to be addressed in order to retain talent.

Pros

work life balace, on time salary

Cons

no careerer growth

Nice environment and challenging work place

Office timing is good. Good work life balance. Good team environment. Innovative approach in work. Top management is approachable. Attractive salary and perks.

Superior life-work balance & compensation

DEWA is one of the largest utilities companies, if not the largest in the UAE. Since it is government owned and operated, employees are offered more holidays than the private sector, competitive salaries, and adequate life-work balance.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Challenging to change roles/secure a raise

Dewa is a place to be, there is support to enable you perform your duty. Career developement... and many more

Dewa is a very wonderful place to be, there is much to learn, and the company's culture is exceptional. The top management is interested in the future of its workers, there by investing heavily in career development and ensuring the knowledge aquired is used at work. Employees have several benefits in the course of the year.Workers are insured, salaries are paid in time Dewa a place to be....

Good platform to gain experience and move to better opportunity

Poor Working time, you have to work 2 hr extra than top people. Pay scale is poor as compare to market, Poor work environment, discrimination too high

Pros

Job security, good place to new comers.

Cons

long hours at les pay scale, strict in/out check. technicians including foreman is considered non-technical staff, low end of service benifits

Good company for work

I was working in dubai electricity and water Authority from 2012 and I have very good experience for work. Environment is very good and you can feel free on work

current supply company

world's number 1 company i have ever experience i have worked for 9 years in this company i got very benifit and good knowledge and salary benifit is which they guve before two three days.

Pros

excellent experience and knowledge

Cons

The company is very good.

I like the salary and the workplace is good. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to go abroad. Besides, the Emiratees treats everyone kindly and respectfully.

Pros

Considers many leaves. Ex: short Leave, sick leave etc

Cons

Uniforms are having dull color. It seems gloomy and sad.

Dubai electricity &WATER AUTHORITY is best organization to learn friendly and team work.

I learned from this company how to give a sevices to your claint on a time and how to communicate to customers. Dewa managment not helpfull with all employees. Some managers give us very stress.Their reason my hard day was very dangerous I accident in a field. But my manager or my senior didn't asking my healthcare. Every year we celebrate our annual party with all our section staff.

Pros

Their are no free lunch or lunch break during work .

Cons

We have a safety rules for our health. But safety management was very poor .

Working environment

Good safety culture, time salary. Personal benefits. More job security. This is a government job so comparitively more secure at this time. Need to ubderstood more and more.

Innovative culture

DEWA is the best place to improve your skills and knowledge by attending many training and adopting new technologies. however, the salary and benefits for the lower grades are less than expected.

Job security is perfect but advancement is with time.

Generally it's a good place to work. The locals are welcoming and friendly. The management are always ready to help resolve any issues you may be having even beyond work. It's a happy working experience with DEWA.

Pros

Yearly bonus, yearly flight tickets (Emirates 1st class), sometimes double salary, treats

work

good was work with DEWA there is also same problem compensation (no increment) no over time and as all know Dubai is high cost to leave there and employer paying low.

Management are not pair to the employee

Daily routine on your designated area for any defects or abnormality. Benefits are not completed for the employee. Long hrs of work with less salary. Not family status,its hard far from your love ones.

Pros

free accommodation

Cons

Oversee the processes and functions of the project management office in transmission power division and provide the framework that support all project team and stake holders in the successful delivery of al projects in line with DEWA objectives/strategy and international standards and best practices - Assess projects programs, work plans, governance plan, work breakdown structure, communication plan, risk analysis, forms and templates, and simplify communication, record keeping and reporting. - Ensure every element of project run successfully from choosing the right methodology, ensuring smooth flow of project phases and advising the right team for successful coordination within the project team - Establish project management methodologies, project tracking and project support, through established PMO tools and instruments, PMO framework, operation plan and action plan should be also established. - Evaluate the overall state of the projects to identify and resolve problems, suggest remedies to overcome shortfalls and constantly guide to increase project efficiency - Review the value benefits and achievement planned results to DEWA after the completion of TP projects - Coordinate and conduct periodical training session pertaining to project management activities/ functions My openion about the required points to be fully committed to be culturally sensitive action plan required to be implemented social gathering

Pros

Mid breaks

Cons

Insurance of health

Daily my manager are giving different tasks and i have to complete that work in time.If i don't know that work they will explain how to do that work.They will support all the staff.

Pros

free lunch and rooms

Cons

sometimes long hours

Stable and Secured

DEWA is government own company and you will have assurance that the company will operate for long time and you will be secured financially. Company that is family oriented and you can be with your family and DEWA will provide medical insurance to your family.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

long time promotion

With sports activities & employee happiness dept.

Actually & honestly, I am contented, happy & I feel blessed with my work experience in dewa. Company & salary I was very happy & I am contented as long as my boss are very motivated, understanding, have considerations & encouragement.

About dubai water and electicity authority

Dubai water and electricity authority salary and benefits are too much low. They are not providing much allaunces. Management and security is fairly good.

Cons

A Sustainable innovative world class utility

Overall company rating is good but salary structure are not good no any fix standard and category as per education. No any benefit for shift workers no refreshment providing for night workers.

Pros

Work place and environment healthy

Cons

No Holiday benefit for shift workers, No house allowance for lower grade or accommodation facility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dubai Electricity and Water Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Dubai Electricity and Water Authority Reviews by Location