Dubai Electricity and Water Authority

Dubai Electricity and Water Authority Employee Reviews for Electrical Engineer

Electrical Engineer7 reviews
United Arab Emirates7 reviews

Working at DEWA

Since January 2020 I am working with DEWA as 3rd Party Employee. Thier working culture is professional and collaborative. They give you all the required training needed for you job duties. Management is cooperative for what problems you face.

Table tennis game players always remain active, smart and good physical exercise means. Players remain in clean and protective place. This is a good

Table tennis game players always remain active, smart and good physical exercise means. Players remain in a clean and protective place. This is a good method to build stamina. I like this game. but more I like swimming. two or 4 persons can play this game easily. It is a very interesting and healthy activity.

Excellent timing

Good company with perfect timing and worklife balance. Career growth is difficult whereas the pay scale will be fixed and no further increment will be provided. Bonus will be granted every year

Pros

timing

Cons

management

Creative and challenging

Star the day with checking mails. Looking for urgent meeting, appointments and act accordingly. Reply mails, check daily program for the maintenance crew, monitor and follow up. List up vital assignments and act accordingly.

Pros

free snacs in training

Cons

8 hour short leave per month. not more then 4 hour at a time not more than 4 days.

Good organisation but no career growth

A really good organisation to work for. Creativity and innovation is in the DNA Only downside is restricted career growth for expatriates. Achievement of KPI's within limited time

Pros

Ideal work environment

Cons

No career growth

one of the best places to help the engineer to improve

DEWA is an active environment with big load and Dubai depends on DEWA's engineers to fulfill all requirements , applications, projects ... est. Every Day DEWA receives hundreds of applications and I went through the proses with different types of applications from the moment that DEWA accept it to the end. In Addition, I went out to the field to check and test the application with villas, towers, shops ... est. The co-workers were so kind and friendly . They were helping me to learn fast and reduce my mistakes. However, the hardest part of the job was learning to work in 5 departments in less than 4 months but the most enjoyable part of the job was solving the hard applications problems.

Job satisfaction guaranteed

-Quite a relaxed working environment, very educative and better career growth prospects.-I learned supervisory skills, workplace relations, conflict resolution and had basic management trainings-Marvelous management skills diplayed by well trained and disciplined leaders.-Workmates had endless zeal to do perfect job, giving hand and readily available in times of need, sharing information and skills.-Had bit of challenging moments having been amazed great deal of experience in the LV systems and then rump up to HV systems, it was owesome but have tough moments to remember.-Had some works that I was not trusted enough to do on my own until I solved a fault without the aid of my superiors, that earned great respect and began to be entrust with any kind of electrical work related to my scope.

Pros

short hours

Cons

less work at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dubai Electricity and Water Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Dubai Electricity and Water Authority Reviews by Location