DSO

DSO Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates1 review

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 18 reviews

Working in austere and dangerous locations

A typical day in Dubai would be getting to work on time, check emails and perform all required tasks and responsibilities in your corner in the office but in theatre (locations where actual operations are done and these are usually UN camps or other dangerous locations), you will never know what a typical day would bring you. You get to meet more people from diverse nationalities, be able to converse with them and gain more knowledge about where they come from. Sometimes you would struggle because of the language barrier but this will not deter you from greeting them and welcoming them into your establishment. For staff working in this kind of environment, the work pressure is very high thus resulting in very high stress levels. For UN Camps, the situation is far better because all nationalities are given the same privileges but for some areas in Afghanistan, Third Country nationals are often given very strict security measures like no laptops, cellphones, cameras, etc which makes their life on camp almost unbearable. A rocket attack alarm would also be part of a typical day whilst in theatre. This experience has given me a leverage against some of my peers in terms of the knowledge and maturity I have gained.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DSO?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

DSO Reviews by Job Title