Dollar Bank

Dollar Bank Employee Reviews

Fun workplace

Very easy job, and if you have any questions with anything you aren’t left in the dark.Really good benefits, PTO, vacation days,incentives, 401k, etc.

Not good

They don’t value talent, don’t pay well, overwork employees. Don’t try to promote from within. External hires make more for positions than internal candidates.

Great

nice place to work, good company. a lot of cold calling businesses and calling current customers for follow ups and offering new products. easy to be promoted

Low Pay with Extra Hours

Low pay compared to other banks. Expectation to work in the evenings multiple days per week. Work life balance doesn’t exist. Recommend setting boundaries or they will over work you.

Overtime

If you see overtime required assumed you will work 60 hours a week for 37.5 hours of pay. Especially in the Investment department. SVP and VP are of no help unless you do something good then they take the credit. They do not do overtime but expect you to work nights and weekends.

Pros

Snacks acct dept

Cons

Terrible direct report bad leader takes all the credit passes the blame

Good place to start out

Good place to start your career. The pay was lower than other area banks, but they don’t push sales goals as much. You’ll get flexibility in scheduling.

Good work place

Great place to work.. room for advancement. The pay isn't that great. The customers can be rude, but overall it is a great job. The hiring process is easy as well.

A place which truly treasure its employees

Dollar Bank is a good place to work at. People working there are issue-focussed. No politics, no obsequiousness, no gossips. Benefits are reasonably good.

Lots of projects

We were mostly WFH during Covid. My job had me onsite roughly once a week. A lot of dedicated people, good support from management.High stress from all the projects and some ingrained ideas of how things should work despite cultural shifts and technical advancements.Great people

Don’t do it.

Just skip that application And move on to theNext one. Not even worth starting to realizeYou want to leave. Leadership is awful and it is a money hungry business and you are never doing enough.

Work culture

Dollar bank offers a great work atmosphere. Whether at the call center or one of the Branches. Majority of the supervisors are relatable, down to earth, kind and not so much dictators. I didn’t see a lot of micro managing but they give you the help and training you may need if not comprehending. If an employee takes initiative and shows potential, Dollar Bank offers job advancement within the company. Tuition reimbursement, transportation reimbursement and also gym reimbursement. Take a further look into Dollar Bank.

Decent enough

It was an okay place to work. Not much advancement opportunities. The pay and benefit package could have been better. Corporate did t like to advertise for the Cleveland market.

Great company feels like family and working with friends.

Great company with great pay and benefits. I have achieved promotions and job advancement since joining this company, I feel so lucky that I get to enjoy working with individuals who have become best friends. Its wonderful to see each employee grow and achieve their full potential that this company has to offer. I look forward to continue to challenge myself and continue to build strong valued relationships and earning potential.

Pros

Earning potential, benefits, family like environment, wonderful hours.

Busy but not productive

Seems like a good company at first then they grow so quickly you can’t keep up with the pace. They lack support, training, and technology for the job tasks. You hope it is a relationship building position and it ends up being all about the numbers. Management is lacking in what is achievable and realistic for job expectations versus reality. Decent benefits.

Love the people, just wish I was compensated fairly

I have loved working for Dollar Bank. I've always felt a strong sense of community with my colleagues. Some company management is easy to work with. The Res Lending side is very communicative. I used to work in loan servicing and they are slow to grow in terms of technology and resources for the clients. My biggest qualm is my compensation. For what I do, I would be getting paid at least 10k to 20k more elsewhere. At LEAST.

Pros

Remote/hybrid work, paid parking, great direct manager, flexibility

Cons

Compensation, resources available to clients

Great place to get into banking!

I have never been in banking before, so this is really my first go at it. First off the training is amazing. The team and management is incredibly helpful and wants everyone to succeed. If you ever feel like you're in a bind and unsure of what to do, you have loads of people to reach out to and ask for guidance. All the managers have "open door" policies too, so you can call them anytime you want. You will meet and work directly with upper management often, so you never feel like you are just working with figureheads. Managers also have their boots on the ground just like the workers. The compensation does leave a little to be desired though for all the goals and hard work you put in.

Pros

benefits start on day one, great training, supportive team

Cons

compensation for work

Good starting job but a mess from within

The job is a great entry job. You learn a lot and starting $15/hr is a dream for a first or second job, but as you get to know the company, you see it's really a mess of a bank. There's so much miscommunication and no central "correct answer' that it gets hard to even help your customers because no one truly knows what to do. Also, management seems supportive at first but there's such underlying competition, and most managers treat their employees like idiots, that it isn't worth the $15 they pay. Not to mention that's less than other banks pay for even a teller. Db's "personal banker" is more of a universal banker, so be prepared.

Pros

Good beginning pay, can move up is you prove yourself, work life balance

Cons

Pay doesn't match up to other banks or the workload, expect to work more weekends than they initially tell you, the culture they verbally promote isn't reality

Worked hard for this company for many years. Very disappointed when it was time to move on.

Too many talented and quality employees leave. No loyalty to long-term talented employees in management positions. In my own experience, there was plenty of bullying and false rumors purposefully being spread by upper management and VP-levels that went unchecked. Keep in mind, HR is not in any way advocating for the employee. A few really let their upper management VP-type positions get the best of them.

Pros

Dollar Bank is well established and capitalized, founded in 1855.

Cons

In my own experience, bullying by the female leadership, spreading false rumors, very common. What a shame.

Upper management has no idea whats going on and don't care to you are just a number.

If you make a mistake and cross one they will dig as far back as possible to find a way to get rid of you. They lost their way as time went on and lost the leadership that made the job worth doing.

Good place to start banking

Good place to start a banking career, however you'll soon realize you do more work for less pay than other banks. Some branches are open a lot later and short staffing makes for forced overtime, when you bring it up it falls on deaf ears. Micromanaging is excessive and exhausting, and employees are never recognized for great work only what they do wrong. Based on the pay and micromanaging I would suggest other options.

Money

Seems outdated in our processes needs to be more progressive to compete with other banks such as technology work life balance schedules and full work from home options

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Inconsistent schedules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Dollar Bank