DA-DESK

DA-DESK Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates18 reviews

Daily task

Fixed timing with regular repeated job. Managements are not easily approachable. Allowances are good. Change of department is not so easy. Work culture is very good.

Good Work environment

Work life balance & alternate 2 weekoffs. Chance to earn incentives on basis of your work knowledge and your passion to earn more. Cool Managers and friendly staff.

Productive and learnt how to handle pressure from higher departments

- learnt how to finish work within a specific time limit. - learning to adjust with the corporate lifestyle and the other co-workers. - there was nothing difficult in the job it was all about concentrating and improvising on myself.

Pros

free fruits, tea and coffee, goodies like glass bottles and cakes

Cons

time stress

see below

My company is a good company. But for better prospects i have to join a new careeer Company provided free transport and accomodation.But now my company launched one sister consignee in India at Mumbai

Pros

free transport

Cons

8 hrs

Management changed now and Work culture became worst

Pathetic work environment afte th e management has changed. Now a days if you will apply recruit here in dubai. After sicx month they develop a terror in employee mind to relocate to india office. job is unsecure.

My first workplace

DA-Desk - largest independent provider of port cost management service, wherein we have deal with Vessel Operator's and agents regarding Proforma and Final disbursement accounts. Have learned lot of things working here.

8 hrs work

8 hrs work everyday different ports tariffs / mixing different nationalities OK Good Same type of Job everyday No tension

Pros

Free tea, coffee, any one fruit everyday

Cons

sometimes more pressure

Good work environment

Healthy competitive environment. HR is very supportive Job nature is good but hectic

Had Different expierence in my Carrer life

Good Team work Advanced Technology Better service to customers

Able to handle any difficult situation and a good team player

Working with a pleasant atmosphere will give as a work satisfaction. Throughout my experience i learned how to work in a team and how to be a good team player.My management is so good and they are ready to listen the difficulties what their employees are facing and will solve it accordingly The help and knowledge what people who are working with us will be a good guide for our future. We enjoy our work when we try and search for new ideas for difficult tasks assigned to us. when we studying new things it will give enough happiness and pleasure to us.

Senior Executuve

Works in the position of senior execuitve PDA screeing and cost reduction for every quote by agent at the port all over world for clearacnce.

Cons

Work place has a nice environment.

Good work environment. Learned how to deal with customers, to correct the mistake at the end of the day. Management is bad. Co-workers are very co-operative. The hardest part is working in 3 different shifts, other wise its kool.

Having good working culture and working atmosphere

EXL is a good outsourcing company and providing 100% quality assured works to their clients. Every morning 9:30 we are starting our duty and finishing at 6:30 Management people are conducting town hall meeting twice in a year for listening employees problems and giving proper solutions for same. My company was just like our home colleagues have good relations with each others. Job contains different problems but we were overcome by continuous learning. The main thing is we can take decision in a complex situation and managers are approving with appropriate comments. Company is just like a college means that company's cultural committee conducting annual day, annual sports day, celebrating festivals with colorful games/foods etc. hence we are thinking its a home and have very much healthy interactions with colleagues.

Pros

Free meals, Free Transportation

Cons

Less Salary package

the job at da desk was tension free and enjoyable

Worked in DA Desk as an operational executive in Sharjah, U.A.E May 2010- Sep 2012Focused in port disbursement control, Effective process management.To coordinate between customers/operators and agents at the defined ports.The job includes forwarding Port Agency Appointment to the agents as per customerspecific instructions, follow-up with the agent for estimated Port Disbursement accountfor the vessel at a specific port.

Pros

8 hrs job and no worries after dat

Cons

night shifts

Nice work environment to learn professional, system and methodology

Our company business Innovation in shipping industry,Regular expansion and improvement to get the sustainability.Nice shift scheduling and time management.Highly impressed with companies style as entry level candidate.Not satisfied with employee remuneration and compensation.I feel i have reached a level of maturity in work process.

Pros

fixed job schedules, good learning and internal instructions.

Cons

employee salary systems, domination from certain group of people.

Lively, friendly and understandable Work Atmosphere

Coordinating with Vessel Operators, port agents for various issues regarding port disbursement account.Practical shipping industry, various layers of vessel operation, role of vessel owners, Charterers, agents. Various operations needed for a commercial vessel for a port of call. Various documents required by port authorities, customs etc..Management and HR department are doing a good job.Co-workers- Their keen training made me to pick up things so Fast and relationship with them just stretched more than a professional relationship.Should be available 24/7.Practical exposure to the field made my job interesting and lively.

Pros

transport facility to and from work place, food facility, medical coverage

Cons

24/7 availablity.

Came to know about the port cost managementOverall a good exposure in dealing with global clients.

productive and friendly environment

DA-Desk is a multinational company that process disbursements accounts for various shipping principal.

Pros

transportations and free snacks

Cons

short breaks shift timings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DA-DESK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• DA-DESK