Curaleaf

Curaleaf Employee Reviews

Overall, there are better companies to work for.

If you like working or selling cannabis I would suggest working for a mom and pop shop. Curaleaf is a Canadian company with zero interest in being for patient and more bang for profit. The management is really there and when they do show up they expect you to perform all sales goals within the time that are there. Information about stores and product coming in does not get shared with the lower end of the store and sometimes it doesn’t even make it to the managers. Are the pay rate is OK minimum wage is appreciated but when you make minimum wage and then they hire part-time associate to other stores for $16 an hour and you make $15 an hour I personally think that’s not right.

Pros

Working with cannabis

Great co-workers

The on boarding took a bit of time but that wasn’t due to the company. For some reasoni was not accepting their emails. Once that was figured out it was smooth sailing! My managers are amazing and definitely look out for their staff and also treat all customers as individuals and with the up most respect! So glad I got to be part of the team that meshes so well together! Can’t wait to see the future!

Poor management ruins the culture

Co workers and cannabis culture are nice but management is awful. They only care about sales and they hide behind a pleasant facade. Curaleaf did an excellent job at disheartening me from working in cannabis retail .

Pros

30% discount

Cons

Low breaks, few benefits and poor management.

Great Company ! Great team work and there is always a smile on everyone during working hours. Everyone works together and so kind.

My new hire experience has been extremely flawless , quick and successful. My department manager makes sure I feel appreciated and guides me to be successful everyday. It is a great place to work!

Good and positive experience so far - new hire

Just completed my first week at Curaleaf and so far, I feel very welcomed and valued. The team I'm working with is very cooperative and collaborative, and I think I will enjoy the interactions. I'm still ramping up, and have a lot to learn about the company and the work, but I'm optimistic that I'll reach the level I need to be to be a valued contributor to the company.

Pros

Good team vibe; remote work; feeling valued

Cons

None to report so far!

Chill environment

Chill as can be. Party. People are nice. Vape. Can talk about cannabis all day. Edibles are fun. Vape again. 2 bathrooms. Food and drinks. Free swaggg

Terrible

I lasted 3 weeks here. On your feet all day, they make you take orders outside in the heat. You better not lean or you’ll be yelled at. Very unorganized.

Noo

Overall rules are ridiculous , will get fired over a phone no warnings , leads are shady af dont care about thier employees favoritism to the veey fullest

Not uniform across the company

The complete garbage of this establishment is astonishing. I worked for two different locations. The first location was a blessing to work for, there were inside promotions, selective hiring so we got the best of the best and had no issues with training or keeping people. The second location was in harrisburg, other than the assistant manager, management was a clique. If you weren't the red witches favorite you were shunted aside and made to feel inferior and unwelcome. The job is easy enough to get because they just want bodies. They hire anyone who doesn't have a criminal past. They aren't selective enough to have a solid staff.

Pros

The assistant manager

Cons

management other than the assistant

Very disappointing

The job itself is pretty easy. Very redundant. But if you enjoy being talked to like a small child in the most passive aggressive way by the management, then it's a great job. I was beyond disappointed with this job and felt like I was always in a position to fail. The Management team was inconsistent with the rules. None of the managers at that time seemed to be on the same page. They generally had no clue what was going on and there is a trickle down affect to that. As the face of the company (Sales associate) when you have no idea what is going on, the customers pick up on that. They talked to grown adults like babies and I felt like this was insult to my intelligence. After a few months of working there I felt it was time to move on.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Curaleaf?

High school like atmosphere

Really unfortunate because the atmosphere used to be so great: Then new management came in and made it feel more like a prison. Management is ran by people that don’t have a single clue what they are doing. The turn over rate is ridiculous. Just in the last 3 months over 20 people have come and gone. If you don’t like to be watched 24/7 not just by security but management watching the cameras then this also might not be the job for you. Expect to be harassed daily and get a talking to because you need to stand and stretch. There is absolutely no movement in this company. All management/supervisor/leads do is talk trash about one another and also talk poorly of employees to other employees. Save your sanity and don’t waste your time at this dead end job.

Fun, Fast-Paced Work environment

I enjoy working for Curaleaf at a retail location, which has a diverse workforce with competent management. However upper management has been a revolving door in my 2.5yrs with the company and overall communication with retail employees is subpar. Corporate only cares about revenue, placing their employees in the rearview mirror. They have repeatedly shown lack of care and safety for employees. For instance, failure to close the store during a snow storm, power outage after a suspected tornado, reduced security guards from 2 to 1.

Pros

Employee Discount

Cons

Short breaks, high turnover rate, lack of communication

Don’t work here

Took months to finally get hired . After hired was not trained at all hardly then told my job performance was poor . Of course it was you took no time to train me at any aspect of my job . Instead my boss goofed off in meetings all day and pushed blame. Found out after hiring me the last two people in my position both walked out . Not shocked stay away from this poorly ran facility at all costs

Fun environment

Great company to work for. If your ambitious and are willing to put in the work they will take care of you. They offer great benefits and time off. Overall great company .

Run! Apply anywhere else!

I have worked at quite a few jobs and this by far was the worst. Despite how much HR and the management claim to care about staff they often talk down to us and treat us as nothing but a number. The team leads are incredibly stuck up and whenever concerns are raised they all seem to repeat the same mantra of “This is your job that you were hired to do.”The favoritism in this facility is off the charts. If you aren’t one of the “chosen ones”, you will be bossed around and belittled by team leads daily. It’s almost as if they try to find ways to weed people out, despite constantly claiming to be understaffed.The hours are incredibly long and standing is a must at all times. You will be forced to stand outside in the heat, where you will be sunburnt. The management is very strict about sitting or leaning, yet they sit on their butts all day in their offices doing the bare minimum.The job is incredibly draining and the management refuses to train certain new hires properly. The only good thing about the facility are the discounts, but in the end it’s truly not worth your mental health.Go apply at the Botanist or Cannabist or literally any other dispensary.

Can’t get much better

Curaleaf is an amazing job and you will want to come to work everyday. The higher ups are very friendly and caring. Your coworkers are the coolest people around. Fun and fairly simple job. Laid back environment. Buy us lunch on occasions for hitting goals or holidays. The only negative thing I have to say is that there is unnecessary drama and the pay should be higher.

Pros

Enjoyable atmosphere, Amazing coworkers, Caring and awesome bosses, Paid lunches occasionally, Fun work environment, Fun Friday’s and paid Fridays off.

Cons

Pay, Communication, Drama.

Corporate Cannabis is a Toxic Wasteland

Day to day you might as well be selling widgets, so far from the plant it’s a joke. Culture is nonexistent, colleagues are competing for advancement and rarely collaborate. HR doesn’t seem to have a firm grasp on accommodations, and the goalposts are constantly moving in terms of remote work. About as soulless as the industry gets.

Terrible Pay and Horrible Management

Working for this company is almost as fun as pulling your teeth out without novocaine. The company doesn’t care about you as a person. They would prefer a robot that never is has human problems in life. Abysmal pay, and slap in the face yearly “raise.”Upper management is so far detached from what’s going on in the stores, but continually change policy to make the work environment worse than it currently was. Basically the Walmart or Amazon of the cannabis industry.

Pros

Working in cannabis

Cons

Poor healthcare, low wages, lack of increase in wages, horrible management

if you work at curaleaf, my team and i were working in blazing hot weather with management rushing us, just to later find management playing ping pong in the A/C , you're going to have management issues 100% goodluck

Lack of honesty

Personal relationships are valued over value of employee work. Enjoyable work wise and little down time.

Pros

meh

Cons

I've had better experiences cleaning dog feces

Probably one of the most horrible corporations I've worked for. Management could care less about their employees, we're all just another number. They're sneaky and they'll lie straight to your face. Facility is falling apart and instead of fixing things, they'll essentially just cover them up with a bandaid. Quanitiy over quality is basically their motto. Disgusting people to work for, 0/10 would not recommend to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Curaleaf. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Curaleaf