Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Showing all 13,957 reviews

better pay than most retailers

The people who have been working there for many years make good money about 23 hourly. You have to work there many years to make this kind of money. It can get busy especially during holidays. It was an ok place to work.

Such a fun work environment! You feel healthy working there and they have great benefits with hardworking staff working alongside you! Though, they do place seniority over your head a lot.

Great Place to Work

I was only a temp here and left due to pursuing other careers. Had a great time working for them for the four months that I was there. Management was great about addressing employee concerns and always making sure that cohesion was top notch!Highly recommend if you're wanting to be in an environment where you feel like people care.

Active workplace requiring hard work

Working at Costco and the experience one has changes drastically with the department they end up being hired in. The bakery department is different than other departments, as it requires a set amount of work almost every day, with the day ending when all products are wrapped and put out. Overall, the job is not hard by any means, but it does require good, hard workers.

Good but demanding

This job pays well but work is demanding. Overall, really nice people that work there! The 1.5 pay on Sunday really helps your check and they accommodate some schedules.

Great pay/benefits. Good environment

Every warehouse can be different because of the management but I’ve been with the company for almost 3 years now and overall Costco does its best to do the right thing for its employees. With the right attitude there isn’t much to complain about with what they offer. With working full time your raises end up coming around every 6 months and after about 5 years of full time work you start getting a bonus twice a year. I believe Costco makes it really easy to want to retire from them.

Great pay, benefits, and culture; but increasingly unrealistic expectations

As a whole, Costco is a good place to work. Great pay, great benefits, solid culture, and plenty of opportunity for advancement. Most management is supportive, and your coworkers are almost always good.However, the expectations are becoming increasingly unrealistic. I'm not sure which came first, but the warehouse is nearly always understaffed; metrics were recently revised so that we aren't "technically" understaffed, but it's noticeably less staff than it used to be. Work loads are increasing and staff is getting frustrated. This is not to say that you weren't working hard before either--the culture requires it to fit in and succeed--but the changes are pushing the limit of what's realistic.A more minor complaint is the scheduling, which is very inconsistent. While the possible shifts are set, which of those you get in a week is not; the times you work and the days off vary week to week, and not in an "A-B" way. This isn't uncommon in warehousing or retail, but I found that wasn't my preference.Overall, if you don't mind working hard and can tolerate the variable schedule it's a great place to work; just beware some of the changes, and set your expectations appropriately.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Culture

Cons

Workload, Scheduling

Not what it was

After 10 years things are just different the culture the members it all leads up to some stressful times that’s hard to keep up a good work life balance/ managers are a little incompetent on things like breaks scheduling and dealing with matters of the business.

Pros

Pay raises and benefits

Cons

Very long days and stressful co workers

Great benefits, good pay for the work done. Typical retail environment.

Costco has great benefits and good pay once you too out (~5ish) years full time. Experience varies by warehouse but most are typical retail environment. The philosophy of hiring from within ensures most people who want to move up at least get the chance.Warehouse I was at was always understanding and treated everyone well.

Fast paced

Fast paced work environment with a lot of opportunities to meet new people everyday. Sales quotas were expected to be met by selling different types of lenses.

Active, nice environment to work at

It was an okay environment to work.One of the cons I point out more is management and sometimes they can be flexible with your schedule. If it's about school, and family forsure they can work with you

Good people poorly managed

They did not give me much training. I don't have time to take my second break ever and still end up going a little over my shift sometimes while moving as fast as possible and jogging from place to place. They tell people not to help me and make it seem like they think I'm incompetent.

Pas de vie

Conciliation travail/famille merdique ,politique de porte ouverte hypocrite.

strees stress stress

very poor manegment and low payment for what you do..u have to work 5 days even if you are part time and also company just care about $ not employeesss

Ambiente de trabajo bueno, sin embargo siempre hay favoritismo

Es una buena empresa, tiene un excelente salario y muy buenas prestaciones, lo único malo en ella es la administración qué tienen en este momento... lastima ya que eso pone en mal a una empresa de nivel internacional

Not returning!

Great Company over all but the way the process within the placement of your position they are unfair and big time on favoritism. Not fair and honestly to give three years to try and move up was ridiculous

Great job, Excellent benefits

I was only there for seasonal but I was hoping to be kept on. It was great, coworkers were great, job, managers and supervisors. I didn't have 1 complaint

Pros

Free Thanksgiving dinners, Christmas party and prizes, Great people

Cons

Didn't get to stay on

Très bon emploi

C'est un très bon emploi avec une superbe équipe pour nous entourer. Il est possible de monter de grade dans la compagnie lorsque vous montrez votre motivation à travailler pour Costco. Les horaires sont quand même flexible. J'adore ça là-bas, mais il est temps pour moi de trouver un emploi dans le domaine qui me passionne le plus; la télévision

Good Job Security, Hard to advance, okay pay.

Company is not tech friendly and new ideas or investment in new methods is not opening received. Buyers and Managers are always expected to answer their emails. Health benefits are amazing but Monetary compensation is okay unless you're a senior level employee. Quantity of work is valued the same as quality of work.

Pros

Job security, health benefits

Cons

work life balance, minimal remote, lots of busy work

The best place to work when you get in

This is the best place that you can work as there aren't very many entitled people or a lot of hassel with any of your work. It was a very chill place to work as you weren't stressed to much about getting the work done.

Pros

The best environment to be in.

Cons

It is crazy difficult to get into.

Fast-paced, high traffic work environment with good management and great benefits.

This place is a wonderful place to work, if you want stability and possible growth. You will have to start from the ground up and go through due processes to advance. No shortcuts. But a worthwhile endeavor if you intend to make this company your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Costco Wholesale