Comlux Aviation

Comlux Aviation Employee Reviews

High pressure engineering and production environment

Management typically underbids jobs and requires staff to work long hours with no compensation for time worked over 40 hours. Very high turnover of staff.

Watch out

Constantly in a state of turmoil. No support by management. Many good people let go become they tried to improve things. Lack of parts and tooling. Always working under fear of being walked out, while you have others ( it, parts, engineering) playing games, coming and going went the want, working lots of ot, not being accountable for meeting schedule. Miss pay roll. Known for not paying bills. Robbing Peter to pay Paul. No performance reviews nor raises. Although they do pay well for area.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, environment very toxic. Management through fear.

Comlux is a great place to work for! Advancement and Growth are second to none. Work hard, and get rewarded.

Comlux production team is under a restructured management. Leaders who want to succeed and want their team to be a part of that. This company will be around for a long time and is on a fast track to becoming not only one of the most sought after places to work for in aviation, but one of the most sought after companies for customers to go to with their business. They have work on the books for years to come and the company just keeps growing.

Pros

New Schedule with work life balance, good pay, active projects in work as well as plenty of future work signed, restructured management team with plenty of drive and motivation.

Cons

Hard to get employees from warmer places. While the team here at Indianapolis is a great team, they need more qualified employees to help them complete all the projects they have lined up.

Productive and a good place to work

A typical work day is pretty cut and dry. We have our assigned tasks from the meetings at the beginning of the shift and we hit the ground running. The Leads are okay to work for.

Poor company feel sorry for my coworkers that are still there

After the sale of Indianapolis Jet Center to Comlux company deteriorated rapidly. Such a shame as there was a good group of A&P technicians there, but as usual corporate greed and leadership ignorance prevailed, which in turn caused alot of the technicians to have to make the decision to look elsewhere for employment.

Exciting Job working on Corporate Jets

I was Supervisor of 2nd shift working with A&P Mechanics, Avionics Technicians and Interior installers. In charge of 3 hanger with Learjet’s, Challenger’s, Boeing 737 and Airbus aircraft. We accomplished Airframe inspections, Avionics Upgrades and STC Aircraft Interior Installations. Great place to learn about new custom interior products that are being installed on the larger narrow and wide body jets. Aircraft engine runs, online taxi testing and Avionic/Electrical Preflight Inspections are always very interesting to learn and comply with. The Management Team is fully involved with daily functions and goals to ensure a safe aircraft and work environment. Our work culture is always kept in a professional manor, so our customers see that we care about their aircraft as much as they do. As a supervisor I had to manage individuals that were sometimes not always willing to stay on task and I had to monitor some of them more than others. I always enjoyed delivering the aircraft to the customer on time of before scheduled outdate with no discrepancies after they returned to their home base.

Pros

Working at the airport in Indianapolis

Cons

Worked on second shift

Horrible Management

Upper management is terribly incompetent. The constant micromanaging causes an excessive amount of waste and delays. Dictated schedules rarely give people enough time to do their jobs properly. Vendors most often are not getting paid which forces everyone to create work-arounds because of material and engineering delays.

Pros

Pay is reasonable.

Cons

Toxic culture.

Productive workplace

Great Company with room for advancement excellent atmosphere definitely a company for employment longevity. Fast Paced never boring hands on and quick problem solving skills needed. Company benefits and recognition for job well done is high on the charts for employment appreciation.

Pros

fast paced

Cons

predominately male workforce

nice facility

They are lost when it comes to Aircraft Interior Completions. Engineering Lead was not experienced in navigating the daily political infrastructure. Programs were grossly underbid.

Pros

The employees are dedicated

Cons

interesting work but very disorganized

Good people to work with, but a bit of a good old boy group though management. Very interesting work but a lack of supplies and organization makes it hard for you to feel like you ever complete your assigned jobs. The established employees haven't had pay raises in quite awhile.

Pros

good co wokers

Cons

underpaid and disorganized

Comlux was a good job with good people to work with.

Comlux is a completion center as well as an MRO. So on a typical day I would work cabinet painting and finishing. In the late afternoon and evening I would go to the MRO side and do paint blends and touch ups. Sometimes I wouldn't leave till 11 at night and be back at 6 in the morning. I was very tedious at times but very rewarding when you see your finished product. I am very proud of what I do

Stay Away

As other reviewers have noted, this company is led by an upper management team driven by fear. They don’t have core competencies in place and have a skeleton workforce where roughly half of the people do all of the work. Management likes to threaten to fire and strong arm the employees that do perform and protects those who do not. Techs are forced to work long shifts then blamed when work is not complete. Stay away.

Pros

Nice facilities

Cons

It is a bonafied nuthouse

this is a cool job

Its a very fun and cool job. The work environment is unlike any job I've had or have had sense. You will have to clean the restrooms and take out the trash but that is manly the extent out your duties.

Pros

working around aircraft

Cons

working with chemicals

great place to work

I would recommend great work hours, everyone works together. Its a team environment, The pay was and befits were good, onsite clinic and other resources

It s a full day of non-stop production with 5 VIP Aircraft in house all receiving Custom Cabinetry builds. Responsibilities from Engineering Changes to on the spot fixes in order to meet timelines.

Pros

Work Load

Cons

Cleanliness

too much stress

Clean up other people's mess. Designed interiors the right way, but management did not like it very much. Went in there and got out as quick as I could. I would not recomend this co to any one.

Pros

for a trainee, it may be a good place to earn experience, for a little while.

Cons

revolving door type of job

Not a good place to work. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I worked for this company for over 5 years. From the time I started there, it was clear that management didn't trust their employees. They were constantly keeping secrets from the people who weren't in management. Employees were not treated with respect and this could be seen by the fact that over the 5 years I worked there, almost everyone in my department who was there when I started had either been fired, laid off, or quit.They frequently lay people off with no notice what-so-ever. This company was driven into the ground by its former CEO and is still trying to dig itself out. They failed to pay vendors and contractors. Upper management is reluctant to change their ways and refuses to start using more updated technologies to design aircraft. Upper management liked to lead with fear rather than respect and understanding. The only thing that kept me there was that group leads were good to work for and the work was interesting.

Pros

Generally friendly and helpful workers

Cons

Don't respect employees

Good company to work for

Worked with very professional people new company and grew fast had opportunity to grow and advance was able to work with the FAA, DAR's DCC QA and QC increased my experience on supply documents needed to deliver A/C

Great place with a lot of potential.

Comlux Aviation, specifically Comlux America in Indianapolis, is newer to the VIP completion world, so like any company starting out, we have experienced some growing pains. However, this really is a good company and a good place to work. There are so many wonderful people that work here that came here from all over the U.S. and in some cases moved here from Europe. The engineering team here is the best I have ever worked with too, always innovative and really good at their areas of expertise. We have some of the best craftsmen in the business in our production team that are truly so talented at what they do. The management has had some changes which has made people uneasy in the past, but the team has come out on top and stronger than ever. What makes Comlux the best though is truly the people, everyone works hard and works well together which is so important. My favorite part about my job at this company and in this industry is that no two days are alike! Every day is a new challenge and new experience and therefore it never gets boring and it is always fun and busy. I recommend Comlux highly.

Has the potential to be great.

Comlux has the potential to be a great company to work for. The current lack of job stability and poor management has created a difficult work environment. Those issues aside, the actual job was always interesting. I liked the opportunity to work on multiple projects and to help ensure uninterrupted work flow. The ability to promote cost savings and the high attention to detail made for a challenging and rewarding day.

Pros

Onsite heathcare clinic, Diverse working conditions

Cons

Poor Management, Job instability

Poor working environment

Non communicative and unavailable management that likes to threaten and intimidate employees with firing. Environment thrives on creating chaos between shifts, departments and employees. Daily drama and lack of communication are the culture.

Pros

Close to home.

Cons

See review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comlux Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Comlux Aviation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?