CME Group

CME Group Employee Reviews

Lots of hurdles to get access to necessary infrastructure; very siloed company

Sink or swim environment. You're on your own to figure out how to maximize your benefits, or progress in your career. They do have training and lots of learning opportunities to join, and access to online tools for self-learning, like LlinkedIn Learning. Not overly onerous with work load, and easy to use benefits for vacations/health reasons/etc.

I'm a long standing employee and highly recommend CME Group as a place to thrive and grow

It is always a busy and dynamic environment - there is always a new project. Sometimes they struggle to narrow down priorities and allocate resources to actually achieve defined goals targets. The company is committed to evolving it's Diversity and Inclusion efforts, and still has some ways to go.

Good work life balance, but work from home limited and limited opportunities for advancement

It's an old school company with great benefits and work life balance. But their work from home policies are old school and are not consistent across departments and even within departments. They were one of the last companies I know that went to WFH during COVID and now are slowly going back to what I imagine is 5 days in office. The pay is competitive but the raises are lower than inflation and the turnover is really high, at least 25% of my department left. And the ones that remain tend to be older and will not leave so there are limited advancement opportunities. It's good for a first job then move on

Fast paced and energetic

It's a tough place to work, but the good thing is there are new challenges every day that keep me on the ball and teach me new things. All in all, I can't complain.

Pros

Lots to do

Cons

Stress and deadlines

It's a money place

I have not worked there in over 15 years so my experience is hardly current. High pressure. Good old boy club (but girls could do OK if they could stand it). Again, over 15 years back now. Good money, but you earned it.

Unprofessional, immature, elitist, and clickish.

I was told it was a newly created position but they had 2 people they'd hired on who'd been there about 8 months. Everything was made up as we went along. I was constantly watching my back because if something went wrong I got the blame!?! I was micromanaged on how to answer the phone & chit-chat w/customers while fielding calls by a co-worker who resented having to take customer calls! The training & assistance from other coworkers &my manager was a joke.

Job advancement, when they see you’re a team player, there’s no problem moving up.

I received great reviews, they were always fair and -on with their assessments of me. If they saw extra skills in you, they had no problem recommending you to advance to a higher position. If there was an open position in another department your manager felt you could advance into, they would speak to that manager about your qualifications and encourage them to give you a try.

ok job, you can do better

its a serviceable job, pays the bills. can be a sweatshop in some departments. there is just this underlying current of negativity that seems rampant. very competitive.

Monthley day event

Nice office in Azrieli tower, great people to learn from, good work life balance,technology is a bit old, steady company.HR is a bit diconected from employees

Pros

great work life balance

Cons

HR is a bit diconected from employees

A joke

Outdated and mismanaged company, stay away. Much better options in the industry, CME is just clinging to its place and hoping desperately no one comes along to disrupt.

Short sighted and micro focused on expenses

Want to move operations and systems to India, no regard for experience or interpersonal skills. Managers are usually scared to innovate and there’s no loyalty to individuals or the group. Maybe a good place to get a first job and then leave for greener pastures.

Pros

Benefits are good

Cons

Very political in every sense of the word

Depends on your manager and level of position

Tech teams grow based on the amount of work. Nearing large project deadlines, staff tends to shrink and support work escalates. Work tasks are challenging though. Lot of weekend coverage can be expected, but also compensated for fulltime employees. Upward mobility depends on the budget, and not a lot of space in the higher ranks. Could have better mentoring.

Pros

equity awards, bonus

Cons

tight purse strings on hiring new talent

Very political and bureaucratic

Very hard to innovate here. Politics are the top skill and they strongly favor chicago based employees. Not much room for transfers or promotion. Always looking for a merger to take focus away from business as usual comparisons

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Short sighted management

Productive and supportive environment.

Great place to learn and gain experience. Very supportive environment that pushes you to do your best and get results. Management is super organized and innovative.

Decent company, but curmudgeony leadership

Good pay, excellent benefits (medical, vision, dental, 401k with match AND pension). Good leadership in the technology division. Old school conservative company culture with hints of modern touches, old boys club full of nepotism, HR division is TERRIBLE; poor leadership, lack of diversity, no vision or plan to actually address diversity issues (they refuse to release their demographics), no collaboration in HR whatsoever. CEO is incredibly old school so focus is just on bottom line with little regard for the workers. Listen to your employees, they've been telling you how to fix things but you choose to ignore then. Until then, you'll keep falling.

The company caters to the younger generation. Experience means nothing.

If you are looking to work with great people you will find it here. However, if you're expecting honesty from your managers - good luck! Obtaining experience will eventually see you out the door.

Pros

Great benefits and pay!

Cons

Longevity and experience not happening or welcomed here!

Very poor advancement opportunities

Unless you report directly to the upper managers, you do not have a good chance to stand out and move up the ladder. Reporting managers do not bad mouth you but only look out for themselves as far as career opportunities and advancement. Job security is not great as shareholder wealth is more important than rewarding employees. They will cut force just to save money.

Pros

Good work / life balance and benefits

Cons

Very political and upper management levels do nothing and get rewarded

Stable career opportunity

Stable opportunity but not much room for growth. Very bureaucratic. Beautiful locations. Somewhat of a flexible schedule depending on location and role.

great people

The people I worked with and reported to are professional and very knowledgeable of their jobs. They plan and are well organized. Best of all, they listen to my feedback concerning engineering designs and tools. I was hired for automation and they were excellent to work with during the design and delivery of the automation system.

Pros

great people

Nice Place, Nice People

I loved the work and the people who helped me succeed in my contract position. I was only supposed to be there for 6 months and was kept on for nearly 3 years.

Pros

Good management, helpful people, nice office

Cons

Some office politics plan into relationships

Productive work envt.

Excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Flexible work environment with multiple locations, ample opportunity to work with cutting edge/best in class technology, tools, hardware.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CME Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• CME Group