Citi

Clear
3.9Pay & Benefits

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,671 reviews

Job Stability and excellent benefit

Good company to work for with a great benefits package. Some opportunities to move up but it is very selective. Not always based on your abilities but more with closeness to management.

Excellent working culture.

So far I have learn alot of banking knowledge and experience especially in compliance and money laundering. In addition to this, I have been exposed to excellent working culture withing with the department as wholly.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Limited medical benefits.

na

it was a great place to work with excellent benefits, unfortunately I was laid off after 12 years due to company selling servicing side of the business

A large bureaucracy

Exactly the type of lumbering bureaucracy you would expect from a corporation this size. Pay and benefits are decent, but you will be a nameless, faceless cog.

Fun workplace depending on the Manager

Most departments are very high paced production based. There is very minimal lines of communication with upper management and advancement is based on who you know. Compensation is very generous, job culture is good but a lot falls through the cracks.

Team Work and Great Benefits

Excellent team work in achieving business goals, with excellent management involvement. An excellent place to learn of all activities and functions within a financial institution. Compensation and benefit packages are excellent.

Various Meetings during the day with unrealistic daily goals assigned

A typical day at work includes many meetings during the day plus comply with your assignments. Most of the time, employees need to work extra hours (at night and weekends) in order to accomplish their goals. Although, you get pay over time for these hours, you feel like you don't have a personal or family life. The salary is not enough based on the job responsibilities. The company has higher expectations in regards to performance and productivity from employees; however the employees are not recognized for their hard work and extra hours expend in the office. Most of the time the organization is short stuff and permanent employees have to spend a lot of hours in the office to reach the date lines and assignments. The management is very disorganized and they don't get aligned within the same units. They don't take into consideration vacation days to assign your cases . Sometimes you get cases assigned that are due during your vacation time. Company does not respect your rights or vacation time as sometimes you receive calls from managers asking you to connect remotely and complete an assignment or report during your day off or vacation day. They implement new systems avery month without texting the system before and giving the employees proper guidance or training.

Pros

Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Benefits. Plus maternity and paternity leave.

Cons

Multiples meeting during the day not taking into consideration assigned cases and goals, not to many opportunities to grow within the organization and no bonuses.

Na

Citibank is a great company to work at. They offer plenty of complex products and also give employees great benefits and perks. I have nothing bad to say about citi as a company, and would encourage all to apply at Citi.

Great Company

Citi is a great company to work for with tons of benefits and fun activities going on on campus. There is a ping pong table in the break room, and they have a medical facility on site that employees can go to to get checked out! Citi is always doing volunteer events and helping the Global community. Overall it's a great place to work!

Interesting work and great benefits

Interesting work with the excellent opportunity to work from home several days a week. Great benefits, including company match of 401K up to 6%. Would have liked to have been more exposed to cross-training in other departments.

Pros

Cafeteria

Cons

Not enough company supported cross training that would increase skill sets and add employment value

I worked for Citi for 22 years and enjoyed my time there and took advantage of opprtunities offered to me by the company

I worked for Citi for 22 years and enjoyed my time there and took advantage of opportunities offered to me by the company. I was laid off Jan., 2018. With the help of the company benefits, I managed to finish my degree and had help with the tuition. The company offered good vacation time, sick days and most paid holidays.

Pros

bonus

Cons

late and sometime long hours

Good Company but depends on your manager

Good company with great benefits. Depending on who your manager is will also determine on whether you will like it or not. You have a lot of changes that seem to be pushed through at times without thought before hand by middle management and then expected to be implemented in short time frame period regardless of the system limitations.

Pros

Benefits start on day one, nice salary

Cons

Very good company to work for

There is a lot of room to grow with this company. They are professional and offer great benefits including paid time off. I love their employee because it allows you to do a lot.

Senior Analyst

This is a corporation. If you do not understand what that means well, it is in who you know in this company. You will not advance unless you have a friend or are friends with a manager. Its simple. You will work longer hours if needed. Sometimes weekends. There is no such thing as job security with a company who outsources jobs to Manilla. This company will cut you fast for the bottom line $$$. The culture is fast paced, you can feel discriminated against and I am white. Go figure.

Pros

Benefits are A+ the best ever

Cons

The management plays favorites

Beware of what you are getting into

Be prepared to be kept in the dark on anyting regarding your job.Our department was merged from the FIU to the GSO unit. The upper management for GSO never reached out to say hello, give introductions of themselves, or kept any kind of communication with us. The morale in our group dropped dramatically because we are kept in the dark. No telling if we are going to have a job or not because they are not telling us if our group is staying or going. My supervisor wanted to give me a promotion and they said no. I had spoken to other employees that have been in the department for a few years and they said they had never gotten any raises or bonuses. Just take caution when you go to work for Citi. They are not completely horrible but you should know what you are getting into before you take a job here.

Excellent company to work

Excellent company to work for, management is always available to help you with any concerns or questions you may have. Vacation time is a great benefits.

Pros

Vacation

Cons

Health benefits

Amenities on job site

Team player atmosphere, variety of amenities on the job site: gym, cafeteria, computer room, day care for parents, atm and bank within walking distance. They provided seminars and health fairs, always had some fun activities for the entire staff. Management encourages growth and assists with professional and personal growth. There were many classes to help with career goals with Citi. The company has very good benefits, being a college student Citi has provided college tuition reimbursement which has been a plus. There are awards and accolades you can receive from managers and peers for being an exceptional team member. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with my duties for the entire day, when helping peers, special projects and maintaining assigned job duties it felt a bit micro managing due to the fact I have never experienced this type of atmosphere before, I have been accustomed to working with little or no supervision, however this tool helps management measure everyone’s productivity.

Pros

I enjoy the awards and appreciation the company as a whole gives each and every employee, it is nice to know we are appreciated.

Cons

Closing the facility so many good employees will be out of work

Very Flexible workplace

Working in the Citibank AML dept. has definitely been very convenient in regards to the flexibility my dept/manager has given me. I am able to work from home three times a week, which is very convenient being a single mother. I love what I do, my job is very intriguing and interesting, I always try to exceed in any expectations I am given.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

The benefits and pay int his department are not as great.

Unproductive misguided environment

Too many mid layers of mgmt. In many cases employees are not placed properly (not possessing needed skill sets for job).Lower layers of personnel receive little to none pay increases or bonuses while upper mgmt garnish themselves with extreme increases/bonuses.Moral is very low.Company does little to retain talent when engaged in cost cutting.Highly engaged in outsourcing and moving jobs overseas.Typical day is stressful. Work environment is toxic. Way too many talented people doing work of others.Of all the Companies I have worked for in the past , Citi is easily ranked last. One out of 5 stars overall.

Pros

401k pkg, benefit pkg

Cons

(see review)

Will work you to the bone

Typical big company. Expect long delays in advancement, long hours and little recognition.