CBIZ

CBIZ Employee Reviews

Good workplace

Friendly enough managers/partners. Interested in your development which is in everyone’s interest for a smoother tax season. Benefits are alright but most health plans are low premium and very high deductible.

Great Place to Work

Fair pay and opportunities. Inclusive and ethical work environment. Kind people all the way up the ladder. The distribution positions are particularly easy going. All around great place to work.

What is the best part of working at the company?Great company and very professional folks to work with What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The most stressful part is working with some folks that don’t know how to do their job but most here know who is working well with others What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work environment is very professional and a lot of help from the co workers What is a typical day like for you at the company?Clock in and code many different charts for physicians in radiology and some days there is inventory to do

Just a great place

Best job and management team I've ever had. Very flexible with time needs and very inclusive. Everyone has a voice, and management truly listens. Benefits and pay are pretty good but could be better. (Competitor has 12 weeks paternal leave, for example. CBIZ has 2 weeks)

Really think about working here

Turn over is huge! Training or lack of training. For as big as CBiz is they are not organized at all. Passing the buck is their favorite game and they excel at it well. Think twice about working here unless you like unorganized chaos

Pros

Sure it’s better in Ohio

Cons

Pretty much everything but management leads a lot to be deaired

Productive and nice place to work

Century Business Services Inc is a nice company to work.Most of the employees are very respectful and willing to help at anytime. The salary is average and depends on your experience.

Field Service Technician

As an FST, you work from home and go out in the company van as needed. If you like driving and working alone. This job is perfect. After 14 years I just got tired of being on the road.

Decent

Good place to get experience and get out, no room for growth. Firm didn’t have its own culture. Firm is a publicly traded company. local firm vibe with “national” resources. Software and tech needs to be updated.

Terrible management. Overload of refurbished parts, expected to be fixed from your home.

This position was terrible. After installing apparently refurbished printers, and then two weeks later having to go back and replace them again. On top of that, being expected to bring the printers back to your house to fix them as they break one after another. Poor management, my RM was not the slightest bit approachable. Field service technician’s catch the brunt of all the other positions that are ‘short handed’. On top of that, expecting you to work help desk one day a week at-least with little to no training to do so. Be prepared to drive a lot in this position, and deal with a lot of problems that are out of your scope. There also is no way to really move up from this position. Honestly I could go on some more, but I wont. Terrible company to work for. It did not take me long to figure out I was not going to be staying here.

Good starting job

company offers no growth, decent benefits, very independent, must be motivated and task oriented, customer service is a must. Company is very stuck in the past.

Good security; poor pay and growth

Easy work without a shadow of a doubt as an entry level employee and decent staff but having to wait a year for a raise is ridiculous. It's extremely hard to survive even with roommates but it's a good way to segway into Tech at least.

Pros

Understanding management/Remote

Cons

Poor pay

Do not work here

Horrible all around. Compensation sucks compared to market, pto is very limited, zero work life balance, high turnover, mean people and bad culture.

Average

Pay, culture, work, etc. are all average/mediocre. No major complaints, no major kudos. If you are interested in growth, I would look elsewhere. If you are interested in a more commoditized experience, this is your place.

fun workplace

fun workplace, great people to work with on a daily basic. I really enjoyed this company and would recommend it to all of my family and friend. Good benefits

It's ok

It's ok. Not the best and not the worst. Training is always like drinking from a firehose and instructions from documentation do not reflect what is seen in the field

Pros

work remotely from home

Cons

disconnect with upper management

Horrible company

This was literally the WORST work experience I have ever experienced. They hired on 15 people under “temp to hire” for a huge company, where were told we would be hired after 3 months! (The contract lasted 7 months) After the 3 months they only hired 2 on and kept the rest of us as temps but said they will be hiring more on as the months go on. Workers kept asking for updates because we need benefits! You asked questions and you’d be let go the next day with no warning. You’d also be given side projects to do and the supervisor would just take all the credit. They give the excuse they’ll hire once people are motivated. It’s kind of hard to be motivated when they have us “temps” working side by side with actual people they are hiring since we’ve started. Overall this company is a absolute joke. Do NOT waste your time.

Work from home IT Job

It was an ok job at first but until I got a new team leader then that person didnt like what I was doing with my job so they just fired me for no reason.

They are short staffed and there is almost zero training. It's all on the job sink or swim type company.

You will have a massive workload and constant deadline pressure to produce and not be given ample training or time to be successful. The Financial Services Division manages the Business Development Valuation Group although they are not sales people and do not understand the Valuation and Appraisal Business. Basically you have accountants managing sales people which is a mistake.

Pros

Great computer and software systems. Very knowledgeable staff.

Cons

Constant deadline pressure to produce with no training.

Excessive working hours

Working at cbiz had its ups and downs, but mostly downs. Management was not eager to help progress one's career, yet it wanted to work employees to the bone and expect the world in results.

Nepotism

Family and friends are the only people considered for positions and fair compensation. This occurs even if it will cause problems for the department or team.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Everything else

It is ok.

It’s just an ok place to work. A lot of work and pay is not very good for the amount of work and participants you have to deal with. I work remote which is good and bad itself. Made training not as enjoyable but it’s nice to not have to get up as early to head to an office.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBIZ. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• CBIZ
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?