caffe bene

caffe bene Work-Life Balance reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & Benefits

good first-time job!

I worked at the San Jose location for about five months in 2021 and it was my first ever job. The work was pretty straight forward and easy to get the hang of. The customers there were typically college students - adults except for the typical group of teens that’d show up during kpop events or on the weekends. I really loved the ambiance of the caffe, it gave off a comfy cozy vibe. I’m not sure if it’s different now but when I worked there there were two people on shift at a time except for weekends. Because of this I would say we clocked out about 10-15 minutes late maybe 20% of the time when closing (I mostly worked closing). The caffe is generally chill during weekdays but evenings tend to be a bit busier than mornings. Weekends we were usually PACKED, I remember weekend shifts being very fast paced and they included a lot of running around. Sometimes there are kpop events and those always had the caffe so busy from around 10-4. Honestly I think Caffe Bene is a great place for a first time job experience because of how variable business can be. The managers were usually very accommodating and understanding of any issues I had with scheduling and all my coworkers were very nice and easy to work with.

Workplace Culture

It was a very interesting culture to be a part of. This was, from what I understand, when the store was owned and managed by someone else, but the manager was not great. He would often criticize employees, no encouragement, and cleanliness standards were low. Be ready for long hours.

Assistant Manager

Good place to work to gain experience as an assistant manager. The working environment is great, the staff and owners are respectful. I would not recommend working here if you are looking for a career advancement. Part-time work is great here if you provide excellent customer service.

Pros

Good environment to work in

Cons

No career advancements

fun work place

A typical day at work would look like opening up the store with the key at 7am in the morning. If there was milk or creamer that we needed at the store, I would go to buy them. I learned that it takes time to get used to a work, usually a few days, and that small mistakes are made when I first start. But at the end of the day when you are used to the job and enjoy serving people, I look back and see how capable I am of learning and adapting to places. The hardest part of the job was 1pm-2pm shift on Sundays by myself. The most enjoyable part was having the time to sit down with the manager after work to talk about family, friends, and future plans. the bonding between the workers were the most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

The people

fun place

It is great place to work there and you meet different kinds of people all around the world who are welcomed in a joyful environment. Customers are also kind.

Rush

Hours and shifts were well made, and there was a lot of self management in the work space. Workers had longer breaks during the less busy hours, but when the cafe got busy, people had to hustle. Other than that, only half of the shift is hard work.

Pros

Free cafe drinks

Cons

Rush hours late at night

Very busy but fun

An average day at this job consisted of early mornings where our first customer would come in at around 8-9 am (even though we opened at 6:30 am). Since the location is Broadway and 49th st. it gets very busy very quickly. We get all types of tourists and the lines even reaches the door sometimes.

really postive place

ive gain a lot of experience and learn a lot from this company... I worked and 8 hours shift 4 days outta the week.my co-workers was like a family to me..

Very Productive

It was just a every day thing with rushes all day on the heart of time square, there are a lot of downs than ups and the people were great to work with

Functional and Direct

Growth oriented organization with definitive work ethic. Goals and required attainment of those goals were mandatory. Will do well if guided properely.

Pros

People

Cons

not enough interaction

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at caffe bene?

very productive and fun environment

Responsible Team, very Positive and hard working. always looking how to get better everyday, the most enjoyable part of the is when you make coffee in Passion and getting better, the hardest part of the job is when your very attentive and sometimes you burn out your energy, the management is always there to motivate you, my co-workers easy to deal with its very fun you will feel that your not working and it feels like family.

Pros

free beverage

Cons

nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at caffe bene. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• caffe bene