caffe bene

caffe bene Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & Benefits

It was okay

Not the best work environment to be in and there’s no opportunities for growth in any area plus it got shut down by the health department so that should tell u enough.

Pros

Free Food and nice coworkers

Coffee shop food and beverage service

Good management and Compensation that time. Communication is present which is important. Training is not that good but will learned through time. Helpful when needed specifically if you have competition to go in monetary.

Pros

Good management

Terrible management pay everything

Terrible do not work here it was the worst experience ever! Cant even make yourself a drink gotta pay for everything. terrible hours pay management. Plus owner and manager are bad too no people skills

Pros

Free meals

Cons

No breaks no raise no nothing

Do not apply here

You aren't paid or treated fairly. I was told that someone who had previously worked here 3 years ago still has yet to get paid! The management is terrible and they yell at you when you do something wrong or not their way. They also violate codes of the Health Department as well as the Labor Department.

Pros

Cons

Not paid or treated fairly, NO benefits, Bad Managment, Dosen't pay on time, So much more!

Not good at all

No benefits, no job security, they don't care their employees. That's the reason why people enter and leave the job in a time-lapse of 1 or 2 months. I do not recommend it!

Pros

50% off purchase

Cons

They don't pay your break time

Rude management

I started off part time then worked my way up to full time. I worked very hard to get myself to where I was, when I first started off management would yell at you for not learning drinks on the first time they show you. They have givin many employees anxiety attack with their behavior.

Pros

If you like kpop then thats what is played most of the day.

Cons

They yell at you, no benefits, very low bi weekly pay, nothing free.

It was fun

The people were great the managers were awesome. But the place had no customers. We would sit and do nothing for hours on end. All we did was clean and sit around. It was never busy.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks

Relaxed Learning Environment

A typical day at work would be taking customer orders and making drinks for them. An employee is required to restock the pastries and drinks on display. In addition, they must keep the workplace clean. I learned how to make espresso and specialty drinks at the job. Other coworkers are very kind as well as the managers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with the customers, I have yet to meet a mean customer.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Barely any benefits to employees

fun

I really enjoyed working at caffe Bene but as a company they really lack on the opportunity for the employees like health insurance and other benefits.

Pros

Enjoyed having the opportunity to work with customer from all around

Cons

NO Benefits

Good Experience

Highly reccomend working here if your looking for a high paced job that gives tips daily that will be able to make all accomendations for there employees and also good management and will always provide willing hours if available by the manager.

good pastries

A lot of hours, heavy traffic so time goes pretty quick . If you open you get to eat free breakfast whatever you like from the store. get paid bi-weekly . pretty easy interview .

Pros

hours, good pastries

Cons

pay sucks

Great Place to Work Slow Start Up

A typical day at work consist of brewing coffee and teas. Set up displays with pastries and sandwiches. counting the till for day and discussing the store goals for the day. I have learned how to deal with different types of customers and how to go above and beyond to make a sale and get customers to come back. Management is great on a store level but corporate although they are trying don't seem to be to concerned with meet the demands of the masses. which in turn makes my job a bit harder, having to watch customers walk away because we don't have something as simple as wifi. The most enjoyable part of my job is just being able to make someone's day.

Pros

50% employee discount, flexibility

Cons

difficult to obtain pay raise, small window for promotion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at caffe bene. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• caffe bene
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?