caffe bene

caffe bene Employee Reviews for Barista

Barista36 reviews

good first-time job!

I worked at the San Jose location for about five months in 2021 and it was my first ever job. The work was pretty straight forward and easy to get the hang of. The customers there were typically college students - adults except for the typical group of teens that’d show up during kpop events or on the weekends. I really loved the ambiance of the caffe, it gave off a comfy cozy vibe. I’m not sure if it’s different now but when I worked there there were two people on shift at a time except for weekends. Because of this I would say we clocked out about 10-15 minutes late maybe 20% of the time when closing (I mostly worked closing). The caffe is generally chill during weekdays but evenings tend to be a bit busier than mornings. Weekends we were usually PACKED, I remember weekend shifts being very fast paced and they included a lot of running around. Sometimes there are kpop events and those always had the caffe so busy from around 10-4. Honestly I think Caffe Bene is a great place for a first time job experience because of how variable business can be. The managers were usually very accommodating and understanding of any issues I had with scheduling and all my coworkers were very nice and easy to work with.

It was okay

Not the best work environment to be in and there’s no opportunities for growth in any area plus it got shut down by the health department so that should tell u enough.

Pros

Free Food and nice coworkers

Overwork

It was horrible. A lot of favoritism and the manager just sat there stealing company time not doing anything while the workers are overworking The company overall was a mess.

Okay

The main reason why I loved working here was because of my coworkers. Everyone was great!However, management wasn’t so great. Biased towards Koreans so if you weren’t Korean, you would not be as favored. Also had some anger management issues and would take it out on employees sometimes.Lots of work and responsibilities for minimum wage pay. Usually only two people working. Was expected to be cashier, barista, and make food all at the same time if it was busy. Only benefit was like 20% off if we bought anything.

Pros

coworkers

Cons

management

Fun and casual place to work.

I enjoyed working there and it was a great job to start off with. It was my first job ever, so it was a nice first step and good way to gain experience in communication and customer service.

Pros

Free drink every week.

One of the best places I’ve worked at!

Loved working here! Sang is one of the kindest managers I’ve had the honor to work with. Actually cares about the employees. Flexible work hours. Lowkey coffee shop, with a busier flow on the weekends so be prepared!

Customers are chill

Sometimes a customer before coffee is a nightmare, but the customers were always great. It's a nice place to make a buck while working on your degree.

Caffee bene is a good place to visit in manhattan New York

I believe that my skills together with my extensive knowledge and technical skills will enable to make a positive contribution to your company, this experience has enhanced my ability to think and work productively under pressure.

Workplace Culture

It was a very interesting culture to be a part of. This was, from what I understand, when the store was owned and managed by someone else, but the manager was not great. He would often criticize employees, no encouragement, and cleanliness standards were low. Be ready for long hours.

Productive and very fun work here

Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, or bagels. This caffe very relaxed. I also do cleaning service or seating areas. Then, check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.

Do not apply here

You aren't paid or treated fairly. I was told that someone who had previously worked here 3 years ago still has yet to get paid! The management is terrible and they yell at you when you do something wrong or not their way. They also violate codes of the Health Department as well as the Labor Department.

Pros

Cons

Not paid or treated fairly, NO benefits, Bad Managment, Dosen't pay on time, So much more!

good cafeteria

there was small cafeteria. they have little customer. so i learned to manage cafe. i keep clear everyday. i try to give best service to customer. it is good cafe.

If you like fast place,make coffee,korean cultures,then this is the job for u

Hardest part of the job is cleaning the bathroom which at flooded with water, poo stain on top the toilet, and deeding with drunk people all the time.

Pros

Korean culture and some nice people

Cons

Fast place, messed everywhere, broken down item, rude customers, and no holiday off

Very slow-paced enviroment with poor management

A typical day consisted of cleaning and making drinks for customers. The management there was poor and sometimes my check would be withheld due to a lack of money. This job consisted of a lot of dishwashing and closing.

Easiest Job, annoying management

Never usually had what you needed, boss didnt care what you did, most of the workers complained about the boss. Went back after I quit and heard they havent been paid in a month.

Good place, Bad management

This was the first place I worked with the rudest manager ever. He would yell at you to do something then, then tell you to do it again only 5 minutes later. He'd tell my coworkers to teach me how to make a drink, then in the middle of learning he'd call me over to wash dishes. His management was confusing, and I didn't know if he wanted me to learn or do basic cleaning. It's a cute establishment though. Very cool, and chic. I'd love it if it weren't tainted by the bad management.

fun

Had fun and friendly workers there, and learned latte arts free. Nice working environment. Nice working conditions with all new equipments and facilities.

Nice place

One of the coziest places in UB. Definetely did not want to leave. I miss working in this place, even if the job was tiring, long and stressful. Atmosphere is cool relaxed and joyful.

Poor management

Management did not do well in running the cafe, they were unclear with what was expected of the employees and constantly criticized the employees. Stressful work environment

Fast paced environment

The day will consist mostly of customer service and management. This is a fast-paced working environment so you're bound to learn every role that is required. Time management and multitasking are by far the two most important aspects I've learned thus far.

fun work place

A typical day at work would look like opening up the store with the key at 7am in the morning. If there was milk or creamer that we needed at the store, I would go to buy them. I learned that it takes time to get used to a work, usually a few days, and that small mistakes are made when I first start. But at the end of the day when you are used to the job and enjoy serving people, I look back and see how capable I am of learning and adapting to places. The hardest part of the job was 1pm-2pm shift on Sundays by myself. The most enjoyable part was having the time to sit down with the manager after work to talk about family, friends, and future plans. the bonding between the workers were the most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

The people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at caffe bene. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• caffe bene