BMO US

BMO US Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,511 reviews

Pays to suffer

Prepare to be incredibly over worked and micro-managed. Yes, they pay you well. And the benefits are good, but very pricey. Bosses are inconsiderate and do not provide any support for growth. Good ole boys club.

What is the best part of working at the company?I love the culture of the company is very inclusive and accepting. Everyone is treated like an individual that matters, with respect and we all worked towards achieving a common goal..What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The knowledge and skills I was able to gain working with the organization are priceless.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Warm accepting and open minded

Productive and fun workplace

Outstanding company to work for. Such good people. Everyone makes you feel like family. Pay is competitive and benefits are great! Highly suggest applying!

Nice Place to work

very nice place to work. feel respected. good environment and enjoy my peers. i would definitely recommend employment here. I have worked with several other large banks in the area and prefer this bank over others.

Boss

Banking wasn't fun - it was boring. Management was goofy and never made the day any better. I'd like to think that I did a good job in my time there.

A Terrible Sales Job

A super weird work environment. The day started by drilling sales techniques with coworkers as others watched and critiqued. Very passive aggressive atmosphere. Extreme favoritism. Management wouldn't intervene when customers were inappropriate. I could not recommend a job less.

Cons

management, work environment, actually a sales job

Challenging but rewarding

If you like a challenge this job is great. Pay is good, good benefits and bmo is a very generous company to work for. The job itself isn’t “hard” but there is soooo much to learn which brings on the challenge. I enjoyed the job a lot

No room for advancement, outdated systems, management, branch locations

Antiquated, outdated branch locations and especially computers and technology systems, little or no opportunity to advance or learn on the job, close minded local and district management, on the job to many years and only want to do things “the way we’ve always done it” Not responsive to market, customers, and especially not to team members. There are many other financial institutions and credit unions he will do much better off with one of them if you are seeking a career in this field!!!

Amazing Staff and Wonderful Work Environment

Excellent Work ethics and you feel a sense of belonging each day you walk into the branch. You get amazing coaching and the company even assigns you a mentor that is an experienced banker to help you succeed. Ever since joining BMO I have learned alot and I encourage anyone to apply for positions here at BMO Bank

What is the best part of working at the company?Coworkers become like family.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Compensation is not were other companies are.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Awesome people and company.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Do your assigned work and go home.

Good benefits

I take calls for all hours of my job, upwards of 100 calls in a busy day sometimes. Good pay and benefits. However very stressful and burnout happens by the second day of the week.

Great place and wonderful employees

Great place to work! I met alot of interting people and learned alot. Hours were great and it was a plus being off on holidays. Short days every Sat. Plus off every Sunday!

Working with others was enjoyable

Working with others was enjoyable. The environment was comfortable. It felt like home, and I belong. Managment was reliable and there to help when help was needed. Overall nice respectable place to work. The work was challenging at times, but working with others help it to be manageable.

Its good at first....

Later you see that BMO Harris Bank only tries to sell products there really not about culture as they say from my own experience. The market president doesnt think of realistic goals. But very good company with benefits not really anything hard any one can do the job fairly easy.

Diverse Culture, Great Place to Work

Working in the branch does have high sales goals however BMO does give you the tools and coaching to achieve those goals. Very inclusive and diverse culture. Bmo really takes care of its employees. Pay is above other banks especially when considering quarterly and year end bonus. Great place to work!

Unrealistic expectations

Great pay and benefits, however unrealistic set goals and I felt there were some unethical practices due to management. A high turn over rate and ongoing training

Poor management

I hired in 2019. I was to be trained at another branch, drove there for 2 weeks and no training. Of course they made that person a manager and ended up at the branch I worked at. This person was hateful, angry all the time and very unprofessional to staff and clients. BMO needs to get a training area for new employees with skilled people to train new hires.

Pros

Cons

Work -life balance terrible

Is really becoming a bank of pushing products

They say that they care for holistic conversations and finding needs but in the background they have fire drills when gaps in sales are happening.Regardless of your activities if your not producing then your on the hook for bad coaching.

Great work/life balance

I’ve worked for BMO for over two years and enjoy the company and it’s benefits. I also enjoy being able to work from home 100% of the time. Advancement opportunities are there as well.

Pros

Work from home benefits

Cons

Ever changing environment

Productive and great employees to work with

If there was BMO Harris where I was moving to I would definitely stay with the company. Always making improvements to give our customers the best service and services available.

Training can be better for the amount of work expected.

The pay is great. Training could be better as this job as a high turnover rate. A month of training to learn different systems and bank laws is just not enough time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO US. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BMO US