BJ's Wholesale Club

BJ's Wholesale Club Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,846 reviews

Always understaffed, no accountability, poor work to life balance.

In all of my time at BJ's, they have never been sufficiently staffed, high turn over rate due to staffing issue leading to an unfair work load.all in all just a place to work.

No a good job

I applied for part time an worked full time with no understanding that I can’t plus mangers don’t care if you are overworked a. The don’t follow there own made up rules.

Pros

Get paid weekly

Cons

Does not pay enough for all the work you di

Fun but Overwhelming at times

Long lines can get overwhelming especially if you’re the only cashier, but i met some of the best people working here.. supervisors are cool and understanding and so are the customers.. nice pay too

Decent

Decent place to work. good job for students in high school or college. they will try to make you work as many hours as possible so make sure you give them a schedule.

Good

All the people are very friendly and always try to help you if you have a problem with the schedule or with something else. If I need time off, I can talk directly to the general manager to get it.

Pros

everything else

Cons

They pay the minimum

Friendly environment wonderful management

I love it here, best job I’ve had in awhile. I really enjoying going to work . The really care about their employees and that makes a difference. Feel like family working here.

Pros

Discount for gas, free membership

Cons

Short breaks and no healthcare

Just horrible management sucks

I've been here a little bit over a year now management is horrible they don't care about your feelings they don't care about what's going on in your life only thing they care about is themselves they make the schedule so far in advance that you can't take days off to go to your doctor's appointments and if you try to make preparations they get an attitude saying they can't cover which is a lie management don't do nothing around here at all but walk around with attitudes all day and don't do nothing because management Will Blast you over the speaker so the whole store can hear them so just beware do not work here management is awful till they get new management the store is going to be s*****

Fun place to work

Fun place to work. Great atmosphere to develop a skill set. There is opportunity to grow and advance with company. Will definitely be crossed trained.

Terrible

Management is terrible. They treat you with little respect. The managers talk bad about their employees, which makes everyone feel uncomfortable. I would not recommend to anyone. People I know that still work there hate it!

N/a

It’s good for young people age 15 to get as a first job but other than that even if you have prior experience for years doing something they will only pay minimum wage. Each person gets paid different based on race I been recognizing. Managment is miserable they hate their job because they don’t get paid salary now they get paid hourly. I believe you should get paid way more for prior experience especially if your helping the company.

no support

Only folded clothing. Wouldn't put me on the register as a cashier. Cashiers were needed. Would put be part on the door as a receipt checker. Limited hours scheduled. Won't schedule an employee if not liked.

Its and okay jov

Everything is pretty average for a corporate job. Nice people to work with in general, but like most corporate jobs they tend to have unrealistic expectations and want you to do more then is fit for one person.

Easy workload, harsh warehouse lighting

Overall I enjoyed the physical work I was doing as well as the relationships I made with coworkers. I got the job during COVID when they were paying an extra $2/hr hazard pay. I left when they stopped paying the extra and I was doing the same job but for $2 less per hour. The actual work was relatively easy and required no previous experience. Working in the warehouse without windows was difficult during the winter, however you were always able to take a 30 minute break though it was unpaid. The managers were absolutely awful. They would dress code people while also breaking the dress code themselves and provide no positive feedback, only complaints. HR was terrific and incredibly helpful and also created an accommodating schedule. Company also paid for my CPR & AED training, which was nice.

Pros

Accommodating schedule, CPR & AED training

Cons

Warehouse environment, unhelpful management

Set you up for failure

Been working with bjs for quite some. You get directions and yet expectations are so much different. Integrity doesn't exist(code). Am disappointed 😕

Make sure you read the job description.

The most enjoyable part of the job is pushing the carts in and getting a nice workout in. The hardest part of the job is the vagueness in the title of your job. What this leads to is you being cross trained for multiple things. If you're someone who is opposed to this I don't recommend even applying. Workplace culture is mainly teenagers and full grown adults trying to be their friends. What I learned by this is if your application keeps getting denied multiple times online typically it's because they want to hire friends. Hiring process for me was essentially a phone call from someone out of state. And then I was magically hired hmmm.

can be better

long hours, rude customers, managers help me but sometimes nobody is there, short breaksi getting back pain but pay is fair. coworkers are chill i like them

Good pay, very flexible

I'm very grateful for my job. The pay is good, they are flexible with my availability and the fringe benefits are very nice. But I feel that in regards to store promotions, my managers' expectations are far too high. The number of times people accept the promotions I am obligated to push are reviewed weekly, and when I don't have an acceptable amount, my boss gives me a hard time.

Horrible Culture

I worked for BJ'S Wholesale for four years. I started as a cashier and advanced to a manager by the end of my time there. I quit because the culture is horrible. District management is absolutely disrespectful, there is no work life balance. You are expected to be on call at all times and get punished if you don't answer calls in the middle of the night. Pay is not worth the work asked if you. High turnover rate for a reason. No employee discount also

Pros

Easy to get hired

Cons

High turnover, disrespectful management, no employee discount

Productive and awesome place to work

Typical work day consisted of preparing online orders. Assembling products. Picking and preparing groceries for customers. I absolutely loved every minute of this job

Do not believe in building a team just keep hiring and firing until the getwhat they want

Bjs only care about profit. they do not promote a good work life balance and does not care about personal growth. At bjs it’s who you know and not what you know or how hard you work. Bjs do not invest in there employees if you make a mistake or if there is a sub par employee there motto is fire and replace instead of build and develop

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Poor work life balance

everyone is on time and ready to workHow to get along with others in a timely manner management was pretty poor but the ones who was there was decentdealing with no management sometimeseating the food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ's Wholesale Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BJ's Wholesale Club