Berlitz Corporation Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates16 reviews

Mainly freelancers (In UAE)

Varied between single and group lessons. Learned more skills in lesson planning, classroom management, lesson content.Management were pretty relaxed -as long as the students had a teacher they seemed happy. Friendly. Followed 'Berlitz' method of teaching English - all easy to follow in course books for teachers and students.Not having set hours/ days/ students not turning up!Meeting different people from all walks of life - both students and other teachers.

Pros

Can decide whether you take new students or not. Relaxed workplace

Cons

Uncertainty of hours

Good work environment

The management allows you to work independently but offers support where there are problems. The salary becomes less competitive over time and it’s likely that new hires will make more than you if you’ve been there for a few years.

Nice location and good teaching materials

It's a nice company to work for and in great locations. They gave free training and I learned how to assess students' levels. Most of the lessons were allocated according to my schedule.

Excellent work environment as a mom of three it was the perfect job for me because of the flexibility of hours

Berlitz language center in Dubai had the best management team and the best colleagues and business environment. The diversity of the team and the students was a great work experience.

A nice place to work and a friendly environment

I liked having the freedom to choose the classes that suits my schedule as I worked part-time. There is a very good free teacher training program and continuous observations to ensure quality. I learned a lot!

Pros

teacher training

Languages and soft skills training

A good place to work, fair salary, Good managers, happy place, good working environment, Health insurance provided, 5 days of work each week. All in all good but the salary could be little better.

Very nice place to work for, great envirnoment & People

Typical day's work goes by quickly as it is very fast paced and interesting. It is a multi-culture place. The Management is very friendly, training is offered on regular bases as a reminder of instructor's duties.

friendly workplace , organized managment and staff

I enjoy to be a part of Berlitz language Institute. Berlitz is an International institution that help the people all over the world to learn the desire language. the management is well organized and I had never problems with anyone . I plan my lessons by addressing the main objectives and goals of each specific lesson to the needs of the student , while I teach with a variety of learning styles by doing different exercises which can allow the student to keep on track and at the end of every lesson, I like to go over and repeat all the new vocabulary I had taught that lesson, and further hand out homework to end the lesson.

Work Place

My idea about a working place. I believe such place should have a mixture of challenge, elegant atmosphere, energy and peace under one roof. The hardest part is to keep what I have mentioned above valid and active from the begging of the first day to end of the last working day.

Pros

lunch break or a mediation hour.

English Language Teacher

I worked long hours. I very rarely had an opening in my schedule and usually had students on a wait list. I learned a lot here as I taught a great many things that I had never done before. Hardest part of the job was the long days. Most enjoyable part of the job was that I ended up making some really good friends with the teachers who were teaching with me at the time.

Fun Workplace and Productive

Everyday was very busy in Berlitz but the most typical day was Monday. I have learned a lot from this company especially how to deal with a rude customer. The management was also good they were so helpful for our customers and even the employees that is why my co-workers was fun to be with because we were enjoying at our work even though we have a lots of works. I was so happy at my work in Berlitz but there was one thing that i enjoyed a lot. It was when I can always invite the customers to come and visit our branch because I feel in that way I was a big help in our company.

Pros

Free Meals

Cons

Rude Customers

berlitz

management here were not so great sadly. they did not provide adequate training or guidance. the staff and students however were great

Fun workplace

I enjoyed working - great to meet people from different professional backgrounds. I taught group classes as well as one to one. Teachers also had the opportunity to learn other languages.

The most enjoyable part of the job

Working alongside my colleagues who are fantastic!, and learning about new and emerging sustainable technologies. working under pressure with limited access and get the reward out of it...............................................................................

Pros

parties very often

Cons

Long hours of working

One of very few jobs that allow you an insiders view on Emirati culture.

A typical day consisted of me teaching classes, both private and group to predominantly adults of various English levels. Most of these students were local Emiratis with a few other nationalities. I was responsible for modifying course material and preparing supplementary course material to suit my students according to level, interests, learning styles, and size of classes. I was only one of two qualified, full time members of staff, so I was usually delegated the higher level students, or those with specific requirements e.g. a students that had to go through the IELTS preparation material in under a month, or a students who wanted to focus only on their essay writing skills. The hardest part of the job was by far the schedule. I worked split shifts, sometimes starting as early as 8 am, and finishing at 9 pm. The most enjoyable part was the students. I got to learn so much about Emirati culture and even made friends with people that it would otherwise be deemed 'unacceptable' to interact with. I also got to refine my skills as a teacher, as I had to tailor make/modify courses to suit students specific needs and goal, while remaining within the Berlitz framework.

Pros

Relaxed environment

Cons

Long Hours

Interesting and fun place to work

Teaching a language to non-native speakers is very difficult and no 2 days are alike. No 2 students are alike either and as an instructor I had to find interesting and fun ways to help the students with their learning programme. I had the support of a language supervisor who would help me if I had any difficulties with a student. Also my teaching colleagues were very good at giving ideas for the different levels of learning. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all walks of life and all levels of understanding. The hardest part was motivating those who didn't really want to learn but were sent on the course by their employers. I liked to make the lessons fun so that students didn't get bored. The management in Abu Dhabi were not particularly supportive of instructors and could have found ways to motivate teachers when they were having a bad day.

Pros

Nice working environment adn good resources

Cons

Very long hours: Split shifts: No bonus scheme

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berlitz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Berlitz Corporation