BAYADA Home Health Care

BAYADA Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,176 reviews

great work enviornment

bayada offers a great training exp. their on boarding program was very easy to navigate through. Managers and staff were always available for support. great opportunity

March 21, 2019
We are so glad to hear you were able to take advantage of the training offered at BAYADA! Thank you for all of your hard work.

Great orientation and management

The overall environment is friendly and helpful. Orientation is well organized. There are plenty of cases for adequate work but the pay isn’t up to par.

August 19, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We understand your feedback about pay, as this is something we struggle with across locations due to low reimbursement rates from the legislation.

Upper Mngmt, OK...

Direct district management? = room for improvement.Although hopefully by now they have heard and addressed enough concerns raised by past and present hourly workers to warrant substantial and lasting change. As a HAB professional in the field it is important to feel adequately informed of client's diagnosis, needs, and priorities. It is important to feel well trained, supported, heard, and most importantly COMPENSATED for one's heartfelt efforts as a Caregiver. Open and direct lines of communication need to apply to all workers, not just a select few. Field agents, Habiltation techs, and Client-family reps should be free to meet, plan, and interface as a TEAM with Bayada managers.

Pros

Rewarding work

Cons

Unclear roles & duties, Disorganized (not proactive) local management office, communication hurdles, poor interface between client-family, managers, subcontractors, and Caregivers, cumbersome on-boarding, low wages.

August 19, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your honesty, as we are always looking for ways to improve for our employees. We do ask, at your earliest convenience, to email us at feedback@bayada.com so we can learn more and escalate your feedback appropriately. We hope to hear from you.

Support from administration and case manager is excellent

You will never wing it at Bayada. They absolutely make sure you are comfortable with your skills before you work a shift. Always feel supported. Love the work and being able to really get to know my beautiful patients and their family

August 19, 2022
Thank you for your kind words and for sharing them with us! We're happy to see your pleasant experience as a BAYADA employee. Thanks for being part of our family!

Staff very helpful and willing to except challenges

Super staffing and nursing are very open to views of the cna. The hiring process was exceptional and the case load is by choice work great around schedule

Clients are wonderful

I loved my job. The clients are wonderful. But you have to find your own work. And some office staff treat nurses like idiots. Bayada bucks aren’t an incentive. Can’t buy heat with them. Management ruins everything. I would not recommend going there, unless you know nursing law. They would eat a new nurse alive. I would have done my job for free. But the bayada way is an absolute joke. One person in the office was actually nice. They don’t like nurses who they can’t lie to. Nurses should schedule nurses. They actually turned me against nursing. They will give ya T-shirts but don’t ask for PPE.

Different from any other company

I feel valued and heard. Goes above and beyond to recognize staff at all levels. I love the company culture and hope to advance soon and achieve my goals

Cons

Healthcare not so great

Great starting place

I started at bayada processing insurance for home health clients. Co workers were great! We had a lot of fun things, like tricky tray fundraisers, paid money for a charity to wear jeans on Fridays. We also had so much fun on Halloween, all the departments decorated their suites and dressed up.

Not perfect but GREAT BCBAs

The BCBAs are some of the best I've worked under. They are supportive and very friendly. Definitely a great work culture and not a cut throat environment. Loved the RBTs as well. One thing I think they should do differently is not have RBTs working with the same client more than 20 hours a week. It doesn't promote generalization and can cause quick burnout among RBTs. Some RBTs work with the same client up to 40 hours a week which is just mind blowing to me. Other than that, I think Bayada is a great company and the office staff is very friendly.

August 13, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share! We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve!

Communication could be chally

The company was a fairly good company not much on compensation. The perks would good and the staff was great. Training for the job were consistent and interesting.

August 13, 2022
Thanks for taking the time to share your review! We appreciate your honesty.

Very dysfunctional management is continuously supported by senior executives

Their low census maintained by a manipulative department store manager rides the lazy wave every day. In 2 years of working there I witnessed over 20 different nurses going through the circus revolving door for one patient. It's amazing the CEO just lets it go on and on.

Pros

Free workout

Cons

No support from management

August 13, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. However, your comments are troubling and not ones we take lightly. We would like for you to contact us at feedback@bayada.com so we can address and escalate them appropriately. We hope to hear from you.

Wonderful support, great onboarding experience!

I’ve had a great experience here so far. I’ve felt supported & welcomed since Day 1. Plenty of ready-made resources at your fingertips for training & education. And, I had an excellent preceptor who was patient, knowledgeable, and very hands on.

Hours not guaranteed

It’s a ok place to work for, but the hours suck. You never know if you’ll have steady work. You do a lot of traveling from on client to the next, & they don’t pay enough for all the driving involved.

August 13, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback; your comments are heard.

Could be worse…

First, please understand that Bayada has many different offices that do different things. I am speaking only for the Concord “visit” office. Pros:• Current management is understanding, considerate, and helpful.• The culture at Bayada is generally very positive and uplifting.• Pay is competitive (from what I know).• More flexible schedule than being in a hospital/clinic/etc.• Benefits are good.• Get to see a wide variety of patients from different demographics, with different medical conditions, etc.• Autonomy and independence.Cons:• DOCUMENTATION. Hands down one of the worst aspects of any Medicare-certified home health office—it’s absurdly ridiculous the amount of charting that Medicare requires (especially for RNs and PTs)!• Full time employees are pushed to maintain “productivity.”• Required to be flexible and occasionally pick up or change visits in the middle of the day (home health is NOT a perfect world, after all).• On call requirements:• Frequent turnover of employees.• Some homes/patients are not clean and are frankly—gross. However, you do get used to it after a while. Lol.Overall, it’s not a terrible place to work and could be a lot worse (I’ve worked for much worse places). If you’re considering working here, you have to decide if the positive aspects of a career in home health outweigh the negative. Give it a shot and see if it’s for you. At the very least, you will see a whole new side of health care!

August 13, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We truly appreciate your honest feedback.

freedom to move around and flexible time bad on paid

the day starts with conversion and breakfast and what I learnt was to recognize your client's habits and anticipate their next moves. The most hardest job is saying goodbye to a client who has passed on and the most enjoyable is watching a client rehab back to their old self.

Pros

staffers are very nice

Cons

to little pay

August 3, 2022

Wonderful caring staff

All staff that I worked with were wonderful and dedicated people. They were willing to go out of their way to be helpful and kind. I appreciate everything!

Pros

Excellent hands on training! Also, freedom to set schedule.

Cons

Mileage reimbursement.

Would not recommend

They preach the “BAYADA” way and “all hands on deck” mentality and it’s a lie. Management and Supervisors are not supportive at all and pretty much non existent. There is absolutely no support from your higher ups and you are often left to do the job of multiple people for horrible pay. There is no room for growth and you’ll never end up getting a raise. They only want to hear positive things in meetings and talk about how great the company is. They don’t care about your concerns or issues or even care to find solutions to fix them. I would never recommend working for this company to anyone- whether it be in the field or in the office. Save yourself before being tricked into thinking this is a great opportunity.

Not great work life balance

Their idea of work life balance is that the company is your life. And their rate of pay was way lower than my previous job. They promised great culture, this was not the case.

Pros

Got to see most of the state and most patients were great

Cons

Pay bad, long hours

July 28, 2022
Thank you for your review. We do appreciate your honesty. However, your comments are concerning as they are not an accurate reflection of the experience we want any employee to have, and we'd like to address them further. If you're comfortable with that, we ask you to email us at feedback@bayada.com.

Fantastic company that will be around for a very long time

I have been a field nurse for BAYADA Home Health for the last decade. I have grown as a clinician and have improved my nursing skills, confidence and autonomy. I feel that I am paid well and am compensated well for going above and beyond what was expected of me that day. My coworkers are an integral part of my team. I could not do the work in the field without my office tram.

Great Company that really values their employees!

Bayada is 100% the best company I’ve ever worked for. They genuinely care for their employees - which is rare to find. Flexible hours, make your own schedule, weekly pay. Communication is PHENOMENAL. Email sent, and only a few minutes until you get a response. Need to call off? Don’t be scared, they understand!! Highly recommend.

Great Workplace

Bayada is a great place to work if you need flexibility with your schedule. The pay is great. The staff is supportive and they have great training opportunities.

July 22, 2022
Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us! Thanks for being part of our team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAYADA Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BAYADA Home Health Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?