BAE Systems

BAE Systems Employee Reviews for Electrician

Electrician16 reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,156 reviews

productive working environment

productive working environment and reasonable hours with plenty of shift patterns to chose from and job oppitunites and capability to move with in the company

Pros

shifts

Bae Henderson

Not much expected, not much given. For people who like easy money with not much stimulation. Salaries are very poor.career advancement is not so applicable for other companies.

Stressful

Reasonably good pay, but believe me, you'll earn every last penny of your salary as management will squeeze every ounce of work out you and you'll go home exhausted every night. This is why they give you Fridays off. You'll need three days to recover from your 4 days at work. You'll need to feel comfortable about working at speed. This is not the job for anyone who likes to take their time and work at a slow pace.

Poor

Good guys on the shop floor taking the fall for poor management. Culture of blaming the guys and gals at the coalface. Management more concerned with their golf weekends with each other than looking out for their guys at the sharp end.

Good experience, time management, and company. My work would require high attention to detail and being as accurate as possible; e.g. making sure all the sockets are at the same height and are as straight as possible etc. This would achieve a happy customer and a good reputation.

Watch your back daily !!!

If you like being bent like a pretzel, While being upside down using a tiny torch to see from stores with no fresh ventilation,(unlike Tag out that hide in the AC) Yes u GARY Surrounded by noise.dust.Anti-foul paint fumes in the air and on your cars in the car park then this is the place for you. Oh don`t forget no appreciation but your wage from Supervision while they get the spotlight time and time again. SAD.:(

Pros

Free Parking

Cons

Management dont listen to workforce

good place to work

your day was hard working learned to work in a culture some people would find hard to do overall a good experience management team were fair as long as you did your job which is the end result

Pros

na

Cons

hours were fine

Good Hours

All in all enjoyed my time there till the supervision in electrical changed to be Who you know not What you know. Will sacrifice workers to save there own skin.

Pros

Exciting Work Base

Cons

The back stabbing that goes on within the Electrical section

Play footy with workmates

It was a good company to work for and I balance beteween work and family and we would have time for rviewing the company performance on Toolbox meetings

Pros

They provide free tea breaks

Cons

The element of people knowing each othere out of work for you to stay on the job

BAE Systems

Really enjoyed working with this company. Even though i had to travel two to three hours a day to and from work i didn't have any problems of getting up and going to work. Always looking forward to the new challengers each day brings.

Very productive place to work, organised, a high standard of health and sfetty

A day at BAE Systems was fun you left the workplace feeling good about yourself, I learned attention to detail there, the management were excellent at there job, co- workers were kind always willing to help anyway they could, hardest part of the job was the industry is very volatile, and the most enjoyable part of the job was a sent of achievement when you had finished a job to a high standard.

Pros

subsidised lunches

great employer

just an all round great environment. fantastic work life balance also. you cant beat a 4 day working week! what more can i say? great training and scope of work

bae systems

bae systems allowed me to travel to various sites all across the uk and I enjoyed working in different enviroments. I was there for 10 years and now feel it Is time for a new challenge.

Pros

matching shares scheme

Cons

pay not very good, managment dislike workers.

contracting

as its contracting I would prefer job security. I also have to pay for digs as well as paying for my own accommodation in Glasgow. The job is ideal but as its contracting I have no idea when the job will come to an end.

Pros

good salary

Cons

not full time

good workplace

brilliant co workers, enjoyed shift work. Managers easy to talk to . Got put on a few courses that helped me develop my personal development

good employer

Good employer, can heartily recommend. Please see company website for more details.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BAE Systems