BAE Systems

BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,156 reviews

No Growth

8 years, and POOOF ..job was gone !..no contact or nothing..worked hard , stayed out of trouble, gave my all ..What happened ?When will they call ..wasted 8 years

Pros

Great

Cons

No feedback, or future options

No fun too much hate and gossip.

Toxic work environment! One star is even too much to give, but I had no other option. Everybody reports on each other to HR. Compensation is like 1989 wages.

Pros

Silver refrigerators in break rooms

Cons

People steal your lunch.

Helpful company with a focus on their employees

BAE look after their employees, provide a good collaborative environment. The only negative is the HR system is slow and unhelpful. Good benefits and relaxed environment make it a good place to work.

A challenging but rewarding work place a brand new digital shipyar with multi million dollar machines ready to deliver the next vessels.

The brand new digital shipyard is being redyed for the new class of vessel to be built, the first of its kind in the world and has the potential to be the best. The BAE team have the opportunity to make it so. Sorting the day to day issues of new technology and new multi million dollar machinery requires a problem solving mindset of the highest caliber.

Worked for BAESystems SDT, a Saudi Arabia company. Good to work for but beware of the differences between UK and KSA employment rules

Overall a good company to work for. Salary and benefits are outstanding. I would of happily remained working for BAE if the Saudi Employment Laws had allowed.I would recommend employment with BAE SDT in Saudi Arabia to anyone.

Pros

Tax free. Free accommodation. Benefits.

Cons

Potential long hours. Always on call for the customer.

Productive and learningful experience

I worked for three years. Extensive projects and strong team development. Perfect work/life balance. Excellent teamwork but needs efforts to grow in company.

Great team and balanced work load

I enjoyed working for BAE systems so much for several reasons. The work environment is relaxed and the work load is very balanced. Management is very supportive.I highly recommend working for BAE systems.

Great place to work, great people, great culture and a great work / life balance.Employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan

Average company that dont provide adequate support

The company barely provided me any training in the 2 years I was there and expected me to get on with things that I had no clue about. This was really stressful at times especially with a pandemic and everyone being busy on phones.

Pros

salary (decent), work life balance

Cons

poor management, poor training .

Slow paced and a bit boring

Not a great place to work. More of a case that your face fits, rather than aptitude.Management style is very ad hoc. And no real direction.Day to day management is lax you can just drift along .

Pros

Bonus, share scheme

Good job security. Poor pay

Good job security, basically a job for life. Poor pay. No real progression unless you move teams or backfill someone. Interesting and diverse projects to work on. A lot of smart people to learn from, but also a lot of sycophancy.

Best place to work in.

Exceeded my expectations,the work is challenging and highly interesting.It's a pleasure to have worked in that kind of environment.The variety of work is incredible you can learn alot depending in which division you work at.

Pros

The on the job training is great, Subsidised meals from canteen.

Cons

Could have long hours but it was very rewarding not a bother.

Supportive place to work, great team spirit.

When I started I really wasn't sure I'd stay as the training was patchy! You were expected to know how things were done even though you weren't told any of this. Pretty much left to it after a few days . Very much if your face fits culture .

Pros

Good communication between the team members, I was asked to stay when I wanted to leave due to bad miss management, I even got a leaving present. I would definitely go back I learnt a lot.

Cons

Too heavy a workload as just isn't enough staff, bad training in that you have to push to get all your training on all systems. Slow systems.

Don't bother

All remote work . All on Skype. Death by excel and zero support . Management terrible attitude . First role I have ever quit in my life . Will never consider a bae role again as a result . Completely at odds with my last experience with samlesbury . The warton experience was stuff of nightmares with people who mention there grade as a way of avoiding simple questions . Terrible experience

Pros

Pay was OK

Cons

Non stop Skype calls all day, no support or new starter program of induction . And a total bully of a boss.

Excellent company to work for with opportunities for advancement for anyone across the business.

Multi national defence company with an incredible diversity of roles and opportunities for anyone looking to develop both themselves and their career.

Pros

Flexible working arrangement

Cons

Simple enough to make a career

Good place to work to build up resume. Easy enough work, flexible hours which provides a good work/ life balance. Can be boring and very repetitive at times.

Pros

Work/life balance

Cons

Can be very repetitive, no challenge

Love doing what I do! Head shed sucks!

Hierarchy doesn't support its workers. Does everything to check all the boxes for its lucrative govt contracts and pays lip-service to the employees!!

Working hard and going no where

If you have a degree or an engineer, then it will be great. It is very clique, if you are part of the "in crowd" you will get one great. If you have aspirations - don't expect too much. It can take years to get anyway if at all.

Pros

Annual Pay Rise Free Shares Company Pension Employee Well Being Scheme

Cons

Little Advancement. Difficult to get recognised. A little fish in a very big pond

Good team environment

Job security and team work was excellent working environment was safe and on job training excellent company is always willing to do off site training like licences and safety training

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No Cons

Highly regulated work.

Challenging but rewarding experience. Be prepared to meet several challenges at once and learn to prioritise your workload. Great job satisfaction can be found.

Pros

Camaraderie

Cons

Managers sometimes have conflicting priorities.

Great place to work.

Good pay, good pension free shares. Pay rise every year, good time off. Free on site parking. Good chance of progression if you want it generally good managers team leaders in my experience.

Pros

Free shares.

Cons

Long shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BAE Systems