BAE Systems

BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,156 reviews

No Growth

8 years, and POOOF ..job was gone !..no contact or nothing..worked hard , stayed out of trouble, gave my all ..What happened ?When will they call ..wasted 8 years

Pros

Great

Cons

No feedback, or future options

BAE : Inevitably sterile & institutionalised

A classic example of a quasi Public Sector organisation: extraordinarily weak management: unions far too powerful: expectations - very low.Bottom line - a culture that is broken.

Pros

Cons

Far too many to mention !

okay work place

dont do much very slow work mangment is a shambles, culture is none, hardest part of job is coming in, enjoyable, no lol get away do not come here please

Cons

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing at all place is a joke What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management and how clueless they are about what is being made What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Hostile every day What is a typical day like for you at the company?Overworked while lazy people sleep

Flexible and motivating

Interesting work, good team spirit, great flexibility and good senior management support and encouragement, The work is motivational and a lot of cross functional activity gives you the feeling of belonging

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

red tape

Good people, awesome schedule options

Great schedule options, decent variety of projects to work on, good people overall. The pay was below what I've seen others in the industry offer but it was a good experience.

Great Place to Work

Good Management Structuregreat working hours, supportive management team. Great potential for development and career progression. Would recommend working here

Pros

working hours

Cons

What is the best part of working at the company?The pay was the only good part of the job.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Trying to follow the company guidelines while the plant was ran by the union president. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The company was scared of the union and did not have a backbone, so it was very stressful. What is a typical day like for you at the company?I would go in to everything being done the wrong way. The company wouldn't do anything to make it better.

No Supervision-Changing of managers made everyone stressed .Mangers never on the floor to say hello or take the time to talk with employees

Culture and environment is very poor. No management ever around when needed. Staffing is extremely short working long hours and not enough help. No training self sufficient. Very unorganized and team leaders do not take any responsibility for assigned tasks or offer any training. Everyone is underpaid and all new employees make more than the people that been there for years.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Sick time and Wellness incentives taken away.No Christmas party, No bonuses or any type of incentives.

Excellent Employer

It was a fabulous experience to be the part of this wonderful organization. The management has excellent care about the employees and work life balance is always preferred.

None productive work place

I don’t recommend that company at all.The managers have no idea what’s going on.But they believe they are the best managers ever.The managers don’t know what work you will get next week.They don’t bother to tell you if you are dismissed next week too.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Blame game all the time, none productive atmosphere

What is the best part of working at the company?Pay and benefits were slightly above average.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management environment was convoluted and a tad toxicWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Poor corporate culture and not in-tune with employees needs. No apparent care for employees long term goals and tenure.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Somewhat stressful as communication between local customers and upper management was 180 degrees out of phase!

What is the best part of working at the company?Working with my co workersWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?No real stressWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work environment is goodWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?I come in I get my assignment and check with my costumer and continue my day.

Mostly hands off management. Lots of Autonomy

I appreciate my manager personally. I have a lot of flexibility as far as time goes. Downside is that BAE does not want to pay for anything and all work needs to get charged to a contract. So it’s not a true Salary position at all. Also if you are older and a woman, you won’t get many opportunities. They cater to the kids coming out of school and are making them Directors like crazy. When the older folks had to put in tenure and effort to become a big title, the kids just have to show up.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Lack of opportunities for certain groups

Flexible but poor management

The people I work with are great and the work I do is fairly enjoyable. On the other hand, I was never given any training and managers keep springing policies on me that I was never informed of.

Pros

Gym on site and flexible hours

Cons

Management solves all their problems by throwing employee overtime at it

Relaxed atmosphere, interesting projects.

Great company to build a career. Work done depends on what project you're assigned to. Plenty of flexible / hybrid working options available. Opportunities for international travel and further education.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Slow progression

Fun

Great experience would do it again company looked after you and took time to listen if you had a problem but I was a subcontractor and as soon as my work was complete that was it goodbye

Administrator

Great company to work for, loved working within my team. Great progression opportunities if you wanted them. Management were brilliant, they were really organised and ran the team efficiently.

Bae Henderson

Not much expected, not much given. For people who like easy money with not much stimulation. Salaries are very poor.career advancement is not so applicable for other companies.

Loved of t

I loved working in bearrow would go back th we morra if it wasn't for my dog and hhubbyan Rd home ties es loved the people and the environment and the area Work ethic is adorable

Pros

Paramedics

Cons

Away from home

Productive and fun place

You make lots of friends and have fun and laughter it was so enjoyable to work there with loads of great people ❤️ you can talk to people if you are finding it hard and they are happy to help you in any way they can. I loved working there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BAE Systems
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?