BAE Systems

BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,140 reviews

No Growth

8 years, and POOOF ..job was gone !..no contact or nothing..worked hard , stayed out of trouble, gave my all ..What happened ?When will they call ..wasted 8 years

Pros

Great

Cons

No feedback, or future options

Administrator

Great company to work for, loved working within my team. Great progression opportunities if you wanted them. Management were brilliant, they were really organised and ran the team efficiently.

Bae Henderson

Not much expected, not much given. For people who like easy money with not much stimulation. Salaries are very poor.career advancement is not so applicable for other companies.

Loved of t

I loved working in bearrow would go back th we morra if it wasn't for my dog and hhubbyan Rd home ties es loved the people and the environment and the area Work ethic is adorable

Pros

Paramedics

Cons

Away from home

Productive and fun place

You make lots of friends and have fun and laughter it was so enjoyable to work there with loads of great people ❤️ you can talk to people if you are finding it hard and they are happy to help you in any way they can. I loved working there

Supportive

They are supportive of many different circumstances helpful and superior development in all areas of the business means growth from all areas in a project led engineering business

Stressfull

Great compound and location was a great springboard to travel to Far East, Africa and beyond, salary was also very good.Work culture terrible and no support from the customer in terms of laying foundations to achieve goals.Figures fudged daily!

Pros

Salary

Cons

Customer buy-In

Been here a number of years after having worked in previous industries. One thing that they do well here is grown their people, if you have the motivation to do do more and be more they will provide you the opportunity to pursue it.Wages could be better as they have stagnated over the past few years

Pros

Flexible working, mentoring, opportunity for development, share save scheme

Cons

Wages could be better

Dire Professional Culture

Extremely poor/lamentable management and leadership culture. There is poor/low support, and lack of mentorship, development and organic growth/support for new (including experienced/ex-military) personnel. Utterly contemptible treatment regarding teamwork, integrity, team 'spirit' and non-existent leadership. I worked for the BAES team at Christchurch, where the vast majority of the 'team' were unwelcoming, anti-social or simply ignorant/rude. I am secure enough to know my own capabilities, but this environment was extremely corrosive and soul-destroying. I will never apply for a BAES position again. My line manager even stated that he had not even seen my CV, even after I had been employed for several weeks - extremely poor management judgement and unacceptable to not know 'what your personnel's capabilities and strengths' are.

Pros

Potential for career advancement

Cons

Excruciating culture of lack of information, poor standards of professionalism, leadership & management.

Excellent place to work

BAE look after their employees, provide a good collaborative environment and encourage ideas to improve things. Good benefits and relaxed environment make it a good place to work.

Transitional Job

I applied to BAE when I was beginning my transition out of the military. It was a quick hire because I had years of experience in being a user of the systems. It's a great company! Just with there was more time off to be earned.

Falling behind its competitors

Your experience at BAE will depend on the project or functional area you’re in. Unfortunately for me, I was stuck in a mess of a project and a dysfunctional function. However, even if you’re in a good project you won’t be free of the political mess that is BAE senior management. This is the kind of company where working hard doesn’t necessarily bring any recognition or reward. As a company they talk the right talk around career development, progression, training opportunities, and flexible working but the consensus is that they are consistently poor on following through.Employee turnover has been very high over the last 2-3 years, and there are particular areas of the business that are worse than others. The leadership has refused to acknowledge the magnitude of the situation and uses all sorts of excuses for the stream of resignations. The truth is though that employees are sick of the politics, the lack of professional development and salary progression, and people have realised there are better leaders and employers in this sector.

Pros

Interesting project, some great workmates who are hardworking and talented, flexible work options is available depending on your job role

Cons

Lack of progression, salary increases are few and far between and require a lot of hoop jumping, poor company and project comms, poor leadership, poor recognition and reward programs, lack of leadership accountability

slow paced but nice

Pro:Friday afternoon offNo long hours No pressureFree office keyboard and mouseCon:very conservative environnentno dogs allowedno diversityno social meetup

Pros

easy

Cons

not particurly lgbt friendly

Amazing place to work and the PMO is extremely supportive

You have the freedom to manage your time along as your project progresses, and your stakeholders are kept informed. BAE operates with adult rules, and I've never felt micromanaged during my projects. The PMO is process driven, and you can fall behind on your gate reviews if you do not keep your project up to date.

Highly Political, not well paid

typical defense industry issues. hard to get a raise. health insurance was subpar. company very cheap for the expertise and quality of the engineers and staff.

Steady work, never rushed but keeps you going

Great name to have behind you on any CV from an apprenticeship point of view, many places will see the name and be impressed and will probably expect you to have done more than you actually have on the apprenticeship. Very relaxed work environment and could always have a chat and a laugh with colleagues. Salary for an apprentice was very good when I went through as was earning more in the last year of my apprenticeship than in either of the 2 jobs I moved onto following my completion of the apprenticeship. Company is very health and safety driven and makes sure everything is done by the book meaning you can feel confident you won’t be asked to do anything that will be a danger to yourself or anyone else. Great company benefits and if it’s still going advise anyone going there to sign up to the employee shares scheme, great way to get money behind you for a later date.

Boring

no new projects same jobs over and over. People use this place for expieriance than leave. Managment watches you every second. Worked here for forty years and I was well liked by my peers when I retired no thanks for your service or hand shake my fellow coworkers had to pay for my pizza party.

Slow paced

Very slow paced and takes too long to perform any job, the work itself is very easy however the workload is that little that you find yourself clock watching all day.

Pros

Share scheme

Cons

Unorganized

Great Culture

A great place to work. I was a contractor, only left for a FT remote position at another company. BAE is a very good company to work for, would do it again

Pros

culture, pay, boss

Cons

Wanted FT recruiters to have the ability to work onsite if needed

people only go for money

Next to no teaching, just keeping students awake.Not a great place to work but compound is good.If you stay more than 5 years, you essentially become institutionalised and can say goodbye to your soul.

Stressful

Reasonably good pay, but believe me, you'll earn every last penny of your salary as management will squeeze every ounce of work out you and you'll go home exhausted every night. This is why they give you Fridays off. You'll need three days to recover from your 4 days at work. You'll need to feel comfortable about working at speed. This is not the job for anyone who likes to take their time and work at a slow pace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BAE Systems