Ayr Wellness

Ayr Wellness Employee Reviews

Overworked and underpaid

Incredible team of people! But the company takes advantage of their employees with low wages, taxing individual tips and promising promotions with no prevail. There is zero upward mobility unless you are willing to be a yes man!

Great place to start cannabis career!

This is the 3rd cannabis facility I've worked at as a cultivation tech. Of the 3, Ayr Wellness is by far the best. The structure and culture of the Phoenix facility is a little ahead of the curve. It's still a new place that's growing, changing and evolving, but they seem to have the right mentality and attitude needed to thrive in this industry, from what I've seen. With a great work ethic and a thirst for knowledge, there is no where to go in this company but upward!

Pros

Great management, fair pay, good benefits, friendly environment

Cons

They don't take past experiences too seriously, moving up through the 'tech' levels is based on time instead of knowledge

Finally being run by adults

Management is doing a great job cleaning house! Changes are on the way...most seem to be for the better. Now if corporate could get their stuff together!

Stressful, hot low paying wages.

You will be working in 105+ degree weather for 8 hours a day with a scrambled workload. managers will send you off to other departments unannounced to work other areas. The employees bicker like high schoolers and your work is never appreciated. You can be subjects to dangerous work environments as well toxic people. Overall not a good place to work wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Cons

Short breaks, harsh weather environment, drama

Terrible workplace

There is no structure to your day. Management is no help. There are no PTO days for anyone other than management(which they didnt mention until I was hired). I hurt my back on the job and was out 3 days. I was told that I was given my final warning about absences(when I never had any previous to the injury) but because I was in probationary period I couldn't get workers benefits and again NO PTO. They company sent my up the creek without a paddle

Management is trying. Entitlement in entry level workers hurts culture

At ayr there are too many workers who think that run the place that are just employees. Even make the comment that it would end without them. Management is trying and thank goodness they have cleared out some of the cultural issues created by previous management. Employees thought this is a party. They felt like they needed work to buy them much, give them swag, cater to all their needs and give nothing back. I'm happy there has been new blood infused. The way it was before when they were all having fun was not good. Managers drinking with employees. As an older worker this was very refreshing. I come to do my work and go home. I do not entertain the drama. And in this industry the younger folks tend to not see how lucky they are to work here and get all the discounts etc. Thanks to AYR corporate for believing in this small town and realizing the potential that is in Schuylkill County. We needed a company like that is nationwide to help the economy here. I won't ever leave the area but the young people have an opportunity to move and advance. Hopefully they know what they have before it's too late

Not worth the energy

Management is really unhelpful, sink or swim environment, the good employees will end up leaving while they keep unproductive workers around. Tasks change numerous times throughout your day and the time management is awful. Managers dont know how to plan accordingly and will ask/expect you to stay longer to finish up because they don't know how to properly plan the work day out, you are looked down on if you decide to only work your schedule.

Not enough pay for the work.

Everyone is underpaid. After the buyout everything went to heck. The hiring process does not weed out anyone so they basically just hire anyone. Promotions are easy to obtain though.

Pros

Great people, starting to run like a real business instead of a playground

AYR Pottsville is making changes for the better. we are getting away from being a playground atmosphere and ran like a real company. in the past it was an old boys network and nepotism. The family dynamic and friends being hired to do menial tasks and get paid was hard to bear. Instead of promoting on merit positions were made so individuals could get raises with no responsibility. Some were made assistant managers with a manager, we had leads with a title and no one working for them. Set workers up to fail, things are definitely changing for the better

No sense of purpose

Management has no clue what they’re doing. Very disorganized. Cultivation gets blamed for everything. You can’t management to help you succeed in anything.

Pros

Discount on medical marijuana

Cons

Managements

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ayr Wellness?

Management is Awesome

Management is easy to talk to and are very helpful with any questions or concerns . Work environment is friendly and fun. I look forward going to work. Looking forward to growing with the company and watch it grow. Wish pay was a little more but I know that is something they are working on for their employees.

Horrible! Stay away!

Stay far far away! This company will use and then throw you out like a piece of trash. Only take a job with AYR if it’s a choice between working there or being homeless.

Pros

Cons

Everything, especially management.

Ayr wellness is terrible

Ayr wellness does not care about its employees or customers. The company is run more like a popularity contest instead of picking most qualified people to hire or promote and they make excuses as to why people who know next to nothing about cannabis are promoted to management. Every day feels like high school drama and the company is a joke in every department at every level. The turn around rate is ridiculous because of how the managers run it to where even they themselves don't want to be there. Every day gets worse

Just like high school-MEAN GIRLS CLUB

Only decent department is packaging. Generally they leave you alone if your doing the job. Every other is a nightmare! Moldy plants, clean room policy is not properly followed, Inventory is always off. Changing labels and invoices is a common practice.

Pros

Very interesting, great discounts

Cons

Management is inexperienced in leading people

Great people

Great people but not many advancement opportunities or raises and never consistent scheduling. Overall a low stress job that is interesting and fun to be involved with.

No future

Never seen a company waste more money not foresee the future issues. Poorly plan everything. Poorly communicate. Compensation is ridiculous. Expectations are ridiculous. I would absolutely stay clear of this place toxic.

Production focused work, workplace hazards, & overall work demanded doesn't match job security or advancement

AYR is strictly financially driven by former brokers and forex groups (eg. all of their chief operators), they work tirelessly at finding the best juice for their squeeze. They will get as much out of your role as possible without advancement, they will lean on employees to achieve near impossible goals without providing the necessary resources. They are in a race to the bottom and look at every possible position to cut fixed costs. Job advancement and security here I would rate a zero if I could...

Teamwork

It is Great if you have the right people on the team. Peace of mind is key. Compensation hourly should be higher being the industry we are doing in.

Pros

Gratuity

Cons

Base wage should be higher

I wouldn't recommend working for this company. It was a good way to get into the industry but they are not worth building a career with

They let go my whole production team because we wouldn't move over 20mi. without proper compensation. After working here for almost two years and working my way to new positions and meeting unreasonable expectations it felt insulting for there to be no respect in our situations. They will use you for what they can and treat you as if you're expendable all while under paying you. Steer clear of this place.

Corporate

Another business ruined by corporate America. Demanding unreasonable goals, terrible pay, promises of pay raises and never getting them, being told that if you don’t want to move to a new location, 25+ miles away, and you don’t want to move departments, you are done here as an employee and you have 2 weeks to find a new job. No loyalty, no consideration, no ethics. Take your passion for the cannabis industry and your hard work somewhere else where it will be appreciated. Every one in corporate has no idea what is going on, ever. They are like chickens with their head cut off. Changing their minds about decisions every other day with no clear communication. Everyone else trying to keep up with their demands and their hectic ways of running a “successful” business.

Pros

Discounts were cool

Cons

Corporate jerks, not getting a the raise you were promised 3 months ago, unrealistic goals.

Best Cannabis Company to work for!

Awesome place to work at! This place is setting the standards for what it is to work in the cannabis industry. All of the manager a helpful and very easily approachable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ayr Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ayr Wellness