Atrium Health

Atrium Health Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,797 reviews

Hands on Experience .

Can do better about staffing and pay. Very busy day. Hands on experience . RNs have tremendous workload . If they improve staffing , train them well and pay them they can keep a lot of ppl.

They do not pay well or offer good healthcare benefits

Hire a lot of PRN’s so that benefits and PTO do not need to be given. Starting wages are very low, and healthcare benefits are not good. Everyone is very burnt out and not rewarded.

Stable job but always short staffed

Great place to work if you are looking for stability and lots of hours. Pay is descent. You may end up working overtime through pressure from management and they don’t come in to help. Strange that a position in the lab that seems like a long time role has so much turnover.

Pros

Overtime hours

Cons

Understaffed, hectic environment

Inclusive and welcoming

I’ve felt very welcomed at Atrium and appreciate the diverse cultural population. Everyone has always been helpful and get a real sense of teamwork here

Management is horrible to the employees

Management is horrible. They have their favorites that get away with everything. Pay is ok, you get a raise a year and incentive bonus.The insurance is bad but you will make some good friends.

Pros

Incentive bonus

Cons

Management has favorites at Lincoln Family Medicine

Fun workplace but no place is perfect

For the most part everyone is great but atrium is big so you do occasionally run into people who don't know how to not mix their personal life with work life. Basically you run into work place drama sometimes but that's anywhere you go besides that great place to work

Good place for a Registered Nurse to start

Work is stressful, but that is true of most nursing jobs. I’ve learned a lot here. Half of the employees here are positive and helpful and the other half are just the opposite. Base rate of pay is fair.

Flexible schedule, remote

Hard to get a promotion. Management has a tendency to overlook internal candidates with experience. Love my teammates. We generally help each other when needed.

Cons

Benefits and pay could be better

Wide coverage area

Wide coverage area for non case managers. Management was friendly. Compensation was decent. Paperwork for home health is outrageous. You work all day and then spend all night completing paperwork if you are doing a good job with taking care of the patients. I never really felt like I belonged there.

Nice place

Enjoy the teammates. Most are usually able to help you out when sinking on the unit. Workplace culture is friendly enough. Not like we hang out after our shifts. Few celebrations at work.

Pros

Pto accrual

Cons

Not much room for de-stressing. Hate the day shift/night shift blame game.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Atrium Health?

Very average medical workplace

Inpatient positions are not flexible. Outpatient is more flexible but it varies depending on the quality of your management (I had great ones). The benefits are above average.

Benefits

Cons

Stress of direct patient care

Good people, good nursing culture

Was a good company until they got bought out. Management tries their best and nursing culture is great but pay is very very minimum. Way below the national average for nurse pay.

Privately traded commodity

Can’t keep healthcare workers or mid level managers. No effort to keep anyone. Executive focus is on ego enrichment and arranging the next sale/merger.

Pros

You will see a lot

Cons

You will not have the resources to deal with all you are responsible for

Horrible management and understaffed. Wouldn’t be bad if new management would come in.

It’s not a bad job and honestly not too hard when staffed right. Management has a high turn over for being nitpicky, over controlling and shows favoritism. Good benefits, could be better pay but not horrible.

Good insurance

I've been working for a term for 5 years and I'm only making $16. I've never been late for work I'll wait some time for work I've never been written up the whole 5 years I've been there and I'm making minimum wage $16 an hour they do not value their good employees at all

Pros

Work 3 days off 4

Cons

Short breaks

Yearly bonuses, and educational assistance

Company offers a great working environment. My manager is always motivating, easy to communicate with and open to any ideas to help us stay on top.

Pros

Yearly bonuses and gifts

Cons

Short lunch breaks only 30mins

Productive and flexible place to work

Atrium is a good place to work. The pay is good and there is always room for advancement. The managers are very supportive and flexible. You will be busy all day but not overloaded with work.

Nice place to work

Good place to work, there is a lot of room for advancement. Staff is nice, teamowork. There has been a lot of raises and bonuses. Often times we get incentive

Okay

Micro managed. Not enough money. They did do a lot of events and fun things in the workplace though. Meet some good people working there. Good benefits.

Good teamwork

I like the people I work with. Everyone helps each other out. I have learned a lot being in this ER. Staffing is always an issue. They have third travelers

A good first job

This was my first job right out of college and it was a great first job to get my foot in the door in healthcare. Most everyone at my office was pleasant to work with and I enjoyed helping others each day. The downside was the pay was very low and it felt difficult to advance from an entry level position. They claim to want to hire internally, but I witnessed them always hiring from the outside, and that is what ultimately caused me to leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atrium Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Atrium Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?