AssistedCare

AssistedCare Employee Reviews

Blessed

I have been blessed to work with Assisted Care out of the Snow Hill office from the early days of this office getting up and running. I’ve worked as a TA and transferred into the field as a LPN. It has been so amazing watching this company grow. I can recall sitting in the office, and it was exciting getting 5-10 referrals a week. Now, it’s booming. The Snow Hill team has wonderful teams who work together well and support each other. The company is family oriented and the flexibility has been a blessing.I’m so sad that the company has been sold, however, I hope and pray that the new company will carry on the hard work and dedication that RH has built. Time will tell.

Nice place to work

I worked for several years while I was an undergraduate. The supervisors were amazing and taught me alot. Scheduling can at times be difficult but that is for lack of employees and no fault of the company. However, pay is substantially low considering we are healthcare workers.

Cons

Pay

Supportive work environment

I started as a traveler almost 5 years ago. As a traveler they provided me with an increased amount of orientation that allowed me to feel comfortable and confident with documentation. I joined the team permanently in 2017 and could not be happier. My clinical team manager is always supportive and encouraging. I have referred multiple personal friends to the company and would continue to refer.

Pros

Flexible schedule, compensation, supportive management

Great company and workplace environment!

I worked in the office at AssistedCare from 2012-2017 and I had a great experience. I had supportive managers, loved my coworkers and truly felt like a part of the AssistedCare family. AssistedCare, as a company, is very community oriented and they want to make a difference in their clients lives. I saw this daily and it gave me a sense of purpose for a higher good. This company honestly cares about each and every employee and wants everyone to succeed. I highly recommend AssistedCare as a place to work!

Pros

Supportive managers, benefits for full time employees, great work environment

Stay Away

First start by saying the management in office is so disorganized, orientation is a nightmare. No one answers phone in office if questions or issues with patients arise. Patients complain they get no answer in office either. Charting system is archaic, Have more managers than nurses and no one in office helps with patient care. NO support at all on weekend

Do not apply.

I am a travel nurse and I chose not to accept the assignment at the Leland office. The charting system is the worst I’ve ever been asked to use. The office is unorganized. There seems to be very little support for employees once they are in the field. I would not recommend working for this company in any role.

Official response from AssistedCare

February 24, 2020
I am sorry to hear about your experience with AssistedCare, feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this issue further. As a traveler you are not our direct employee and we present all details of our employment to the traveling agencies prior to you accepting the position. I would love to hear any additional feedback you may have to improve our performance in the future. Sincerely,KyleHR-Recruiter

Caring and appreciative team !

Love working for this company ! The staff is so friendly and they genuinely care about the team and our clients . I’ve joined a lot of private duty companies and none seem to be as considerate and appreciative as this one . Overall I’m extremely pleased with assisted care / elder care . I cant wait to see what the future holds and who’s lives I’ll get the honor of be apart of next!

Pros

Great pay, friendly staff, stressless work environment

Cons

Great group of people. Family type work environment

I have been working at this company for 9 years and have no intention on leaving. Great managers and very personable. Team work evident in the field. Timely raises. Flexibility

Great Team

Loyalty. Family owned. Caring staff and dedicated group of clinical team. This is a company on the rise and I am proud to be part of it. Not only a team but a family, and I am proud to be a part of it.

Pros

Family atmosphere

Great Team

I enjoy working at AssistedCare as I feel there was great communication between disciplines. There is flexibility in scheduling and support. The only down side to the job was it was either super busy or slightly slow but you take the good with the bad.

Cut throat

The intake manager is hoity toity and they are always talking about your mistakes and never what you did as good. People constantly talking behind your back. Awful environment

Pros

Pto

Cons

Part time job was here for only 10 mos the culture of the company is still on a learning curve as it is a tiny family run company and they are still trying to figure out how to develop a culture. Many transient employees.. They cannot keep anyone there for long, or so it seems. High turnover in all areas.

Pros

Offer health care

Cons

Low paying in comparison to other agencies

Profesional and caring place to work

Professional company that really cares about its,staff and patients, Great place to work if you don't want to be tied down to a 9to 5 job They don't stress you aboUT productivity more concerned with quality and going the Xtra mile for a patient

Pros

Flexibility

Great place to start out

If you're looking for a good place to start your career, home health is good. If you want to stack up and retire, this is not the career path for you!! Hospital or a LTC is better. At assisted care you have the chance to work one on one with clients and leave work at work. You can tailor your schedule which is great for potential nurses. I look forward to coming to work in home health as a nurse. That's where the pay is at. The lack of travel compensation and the hours given to new hires is few. Like you may have to cover someone's shift but they'll get the full payment. Like I had several girls I worked under went out of my way to do 2-3 hrs for weekends or evenings . Other than the hours it's a good opportunity.

Pros

Great way to learn the role, good opportunity for new CNAS, flexibility

Cons

Lack of hours, advancement, pay

Cna2

Started out as a good place to work but now not so good. In my opinion you better have a second job to go along with it. Work is not always available if you want full-time hours. The thing I love most about working here is the clients.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Getting hours

Professionalism

The schedulers are always willing to work with my availability. I am juggling school and work with no issues. Working in the client's home is great! You can really get to know the client one on one. I came from working at a facility where we were constantly running from patient to patient providing the best care we could in the time frame; working at AssistedCare has really renewed my passion for working with the elderly population. Great place to work!

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Not guaranteed hours

Great group of clinicians

I continue to be amazed at the professionalism of the clinicians that work here. Very dedicated and passionate about their work! In addition, the back office does a lot to make those out in the field able to do the jobs they need to. Great team!

Pros

Flexibility, meaningful work, great team members, we have fun!

Cons

None that I can think of right now

Great work environment

It feels like these individuals genuinely care about the services they provide. It's not just business to them; they want to make sure you are taken care of. I have worked and been around a lot of companies in this field and AssistedCare seems to hold themselves at a higher standard than most.

Very friendly staff

Great staff to work with and always willing to work with your schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AssistedCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AssistedCare