American University of Ras Al Khaimah

American University of Ras Al Khaimah Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates8 reviews

A typical day would be teaching students at least 2 hours a day, tutoring them in areas of the course they may struggle. I've learnt how to be a better teacher and communicator with the students as well as grow in my understanding of the various courses I was teaching.

Difficult clients (students)

Students expect everything to be handed to them. Salary is always late. No fixed work-space is provided. Personal phone numbers are publicized resulting in invasions of privacy.

I am good in speaking flexi skill person

I am.saleem in good experencs in transport dept In india we will face lots of maintenwnce problems like deivwrs demands strikes but all stivations i cn handle somtimes ill use to drive for the company. I never leave anything in case of emergency. Typical day when rain start , i learn how can manage at the time of tension sitivation. Hardest part of job when when brake down or any incidents at night. Near to salery

Cons

As company requirment

Great facilities and work environment

Great company to work for. A good variety of options that suit my qualifications and experience: IELTS, Elementery-Intermediete groups, one to one. A good opportunity to keep gaining experience.

Weak university in blah setting

As a university, this place is a joke. Pretends to be research oriented, but at least in my field, they don't even understand what that entails. Overall caliber of low level US community college. RAK is a depressing community with little to offer, though housing in seaside developments enjoyable. Students at AURAK are generally nice kids, but clueless as to what higher education is all about. Administration not much better, and at top levels, quite dictatorial. Would not be surprised if the place was out of business within next three years.

Pros

Generally pleasant faculty colleagues. Fantastic winter weather.

Cons

Boring and backwards emirate, not a real university, ridiculous teaching loads. Hung up on getting accrediation from low level US accrediting body, Sacs-coc.

Pleasant

Unable to provide comment on the workplace while I am currently an employee at the institution. Perhaps in future will be able to provide a greater insight.

AURAK remains a university in Paradise.

Great place to work, and I only leave for I seek other places as a life long learner, though the President welcomes me back anytime I should like to return. .

Pros

All.

Cons

None.

This university is a mess and jobs are unstable

This university has many many policies but never applied given procedures in their policies, very unmethodical. The president is very dictatorial and he even focuses on very micro-issues which should not be his role. Since he's very dictatorial so the provost becomes powerless and cannot perform his duties appropriately. Faculty turnover ratio is very high, many come and leave in short periods, even 1 or 2 semesters. If you are unemployed or contract not renewed, then go for it to experience the hassle. If you are currently employed, then do not risk your career to make a change as you don't know what will happen tomorrow to you and your family. (from ex employee)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American University of Ras Al Khaimah. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8