American Income Life

American Income Life Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,299 reviews

commision based only

you need money to start out not a job to do if you are looking for a steady paycheck very unreliable. Very pushy even though you make your own hours. They are very misleading in the ads to get you to the interview and they do the same to clients. Lie your way to get in the door.

Pros

make your own hours

Cons

unstable income

March 1, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We’re very sorry our AIL Agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your situation is not indicative of our management hiring, training or management style and we apologize if you felt you were misled in any way. We're always looking for ways to improve our agent experience and listening to former team members is a good way to help make the process better. Best of luck to you in the future.

Not as easy as it sounds

Be prepared to study, make connections, and pray for a good office. Salary is completely commissioned. Great entry level job if you need some form of sales experience.

Excellent Company Culture

Several times a week, there are company and agency meetings to boost morale, discuss industry tips, share success stories, and review previous weekly rankings among agents and their sales. The agent managers are super supportive and patient, the training is very thorough, and there are Groupme chats to provide constant encouragement and celebration for even the smallest accomplishments. It takes a lot of work to succeed, but it's very easy to maintain your drive with how positive the work environment is.

Pay is terrible. Made out to be something its not.

You make your own schedule so you have to be disciplined enough to work on your own. The manager in Nashville was never there. Everyone else that worked there was great. A good work environment, lots of playing around when in the office. Not easy to get work done while in the office.

August 1, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our AIL agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your experience does not represent our training and management style and we apologize if you felt you weren't given the proper support while on our team. We invite you to send us more agency details of your experience to AILfeedback@ailife.com so that we can look into your situation and help improve our agents' path to success. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Straight Commission.

At this job they expect you to work regardless of what you're making. I remember finally protecting my first family and my paycheck went to my manager. Would not recommend unless you ease into it.

August 1, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our AIL agent position didn’t meet your expectations. We invite you to send us more agency details of your experience to AILfeedback@ailife.com so that we can look into your situation and help improve our agents' path to success. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Like joining a cult

Very cult like work atmosphere. 1099 yet you have "required" meetings, hours and other criteria to be met that are not paid by the hour or salary. Would not recommend to anyone as it is not an honest living. Can you make a lot of money? Yes you can. The majority will go broke and flush out within a year.

July 25, 2022
Thank you for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed being a productive member of our AIL team and appreciate that you recognize the financial and personal opportunity we offer our agents. We thank you for your hard work and dedication to AIL and we're sorry it didn’t work out long-term. Best wishes to you in the future.

Not what is seems to be,

If you enjoy being frustrated after a few months of starting work, then this is the place for you. The environment is misleading. There will be a lot of false promises.

July 26, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We’re very sorry our AIL agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your situation is not indicative of our management style and we apologize if you felt you were misled in any way during or after the interview process. We invite you to send us an email to AILfeedback@ailife.com with more agency details so we can look further into your experience.

Great experience to learn sales

I enjoyed my time in American Income Life, you don't have a base salary but commisions are really good. You have a good portfolio and good sales leverage.

July 26, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We're happy to have you on our team and appreciate your contributions to AIL and our mission of helping provide financial protection to our customers. We wish you a successful and productive future ahead with AIL.

Fun place to work

Very good pay would recommend job if your good in sales.Self motivated industry with great management to help you become a better sales person.try it out .

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work life

It’s a sales job

If you’re good at selling this is a great place to be. They provide leads, but the leads have already been contacted by other people a ton of times.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Evening shift

July 25, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We're glad you appreciate the opportunity to make a generous living but disappointed there are aspects that aren't meeting your expectations. AIL is always looking for ways to help our agents succeed in their careers and feedback from you can help us improve the path to success. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to AIL and our customers.

Good opportunity

Great opportunity for growth. But leads aren’t as great (everyone no shows) and you’re micromanaged all the time. You’re only as good as your last week.

July 25, 2022
Thank you for your feedback and for your contributions to our AIL team and customers. We’re disappointed there are aspects of our agent position that aren't currently meeting your expectations. Parts of your experience do not represent our management style so we invite you to send us more agency details of your experience to AILfeedback@ailife.com. This will allow us to look into your situation and help improve our agents' path to success. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Sales job- You get what you put into it but not perfect- only commission

This job is all commission so its feast or famine. There are also slightly misleading tactics in order to get the sale. You offer people a free product with a demonstration but during the demonstration, you start to push life insurance. You only make money if they buy life insurance. The product itself is good, but you kind of have to trick people into buying it. You also have to cold call all day. People definitely make money here, but it's not as easy as they make it seem. Also if someone buys the insurance and then they dont make a payment you get your paycheck revoked.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Toxic culture: boys club, grind mentality, sacrifice your personal life to work more, everything is a competition

July 25, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We're happy to have you on our team and appreciate your contributions to our AIL team. We're sorry that there are aspects of your agency experience that aren't meeting your expectations. So that we can look further into your situation and take the necessary steps to improve these issues we invite you to send us an email to AILfeedback@ailife.com with more agency details. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Can make decent money if willing to put in the hours

Not a job for everyone for much for the right people it’s a great opportunity to improve your professional skill set. If were there long enough, monthly residual incomes are great per to the job

July 25, 2022
Thank you for your review. We’re glad your time with AIL was enjoyable, and productive and helped prepare you for what lies ahead. We appreciate the hard work and dedication you gave to our AIL team and customers. Best wishes to you in your future endeavors.

Productive workplace

I learned the basics oof insurance but they couldn't even tell me how i was getting paid. They couldnt explain my office. They said your independent but not really.

July 21, 2022
Thank you for your review. We’re glad your time with AIL was productive and helped prepare you for what lies ahead. We appreciate the hard work and dedication you gave to our AIL team and customers. Best wishes to you in your future endeavors.

A place to grow

I have grown so much since I began with this company. My agency in particular pours so much into their people it is incredible. There are many great things and the only downside would be the commitment. It is tough and it will be hard on you at times but growth always comes from the other side. Time commitment is also tough due to the people needing to be serviced when they are home which is usually after 4PM. It makes it a bit difficult to be with my SO. Overall, I have been elated to be here and it has been such a great place to grow.

Pros

Amazing culture, built for people

Cons

Time commitment, tough times

July 20, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you're enjoying the supportive culture and the opportunity to make a generous living while offering valuable financial protection to working families. This career can be tough in the beginning but with a persistent work ethic, it can be extremely rewarding. Best wishes for a long future of success at AIL.

Scam Artists

They have to be the worst company Ive ever worked with. 60+ hour weeks, severe micromanagement, forced to memorize their script, con customers with incentives into sales presentations. Underwriting is very strict and can take months to approve a policy.

July 20, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry that your time with AIL didn't meet your expectations. The experience you're describing does not represent our AIL management style and we are sorry to learn of your situation. We invite you to send us an email to AILfeedback@ailife.com with more Agency details so that we can look further into this situation.

Go all in, get it all

Great income and structure. Needs better employee health benefits. Perhaps a salary plus commission and bonus. Training is great. I felt good about my service.

July 18, 2022

i did not work there for to long, but its good place to start

At the end of the day, you are 1099 employees, you need to make your own money. they provide fresh leads, and you also need to make your own as well, but I enjoyed working there

July 18, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad you recognize the financial and personal opportunity we offer our Agents. This position can be tough at first, but with hard work, persistence, and dedication it can be very rewarding both financially and personally. We're sorry it didn’t work out long-term but we thank you for your contributions to our AIL team. Best wishes to you in the future.

Competitive and fun workplace

This is a great company to work for, you build residual income, and the bonus structure allows you to make a lot of money every week. The only downfall is that is is 100% commission, you can say all the right things and put all the hours in and get paid $0 sometimes.

July 18, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. As you know, AIL strives to provide our agents with a positive work environment and the opportunity for continued growth and development. With a strong work ethic, this career can lead to an abundance of personal and financial success. Thank you for being an integral part of our team's mission to provide financial protection to families in our community. Best wishes to even more success at AIL.

Most days are long, but Management is friendly

Driven workplace with tight margins and observant management. You will be under staff, so the crunch is hardest on your position. Management are friendly. I learned to have patience. Days were long.

Pros

provided lunch

Cons

short breaks. long hours. customers can make a long day even longer.

July 14, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad you enjoyed our AIL management and their support but disappointed it wasn't a good match for you long-term. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to AIL and our customers. We wish you all the best in your future career path.

Great for motivated Individuals

This was an Excellent experience but personally not for me. It is commission only so you must work long hours and be good at persuasion and most all able to sustain yourself Financially in case you get hit with charge bags from people not paying their premiums.

July 14, 2022
Thank you for your insightful feedback regarding your time with AIL. We're happy that you enjoyed the positive environment we encourage at AIL but disappointed it wasn't a good career fit for you long-term. The position does require a persistent, sales-minded individual and isn't for everyone. We appreciate your contribution to our team's success and wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Income Life. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• American Income Life