Amedisys

Amedisys Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,896 reviews

The care center team at this office is amazing. And support from management is great. This being my first office job as an adult I was a little overwhelmed at first. I had very little experience in this kind of work..I have worked in health care for 15+ years..but definitely not in an office. But an intake coordinator from a different office came to train me and she was amazing. So patient..and I ask a lot of questions. She never got frustrated with me when I had to ask her the same thing 5 times before I remembered how to do it. And the support from all the office staff there is phenomenal. I can't speak for other care centers, but this one has great team work and a calm work environment. Even though most days are hectic and chaotic..everyone seems to pull together and help get the job done. I love it here!!

Home care

This job was frustrating every single day. Management was terrible. Always changing. Co workers were good. It was good when I first started but then took a turn for the worse when the good management left. Scheduling was a mess. Did not feel supported as an LPN.

Terrible office is full of drama

Save yourself and work somewhere else. They put on a such a fake when you start and then you’ll slowly.. or depending on how often you speak with the office.. quickly find out their true colors. There is no work life balance. You’re calling patients and doing charting when you get home. I truly missed working somewhere and coming home and being done working. No time for my family. Like I said run, turn away. Find another position.

Absolutely wonderful company, wonderful peer support, need just a little bit hands on with day to day things

5 stars, need just a little bit hands on with the day to day work earlier on in the training. The peer help has been awesome. The training has been the best I have ever seen anywhere.

Overall Positive Experience

Overall a positive experience with the organization. Large team with limited opportunities for growth within the organization depending on interest and career path.

Would give 0 stars for my particular office, but corporate was actually great.

If I would have worked in another office my experience might have been better. The culture of bullying and intimidation in this particular office at the time I was working there was awful. Everyone from corporate was great, but they did not supervise the individual branches enough to even notice the extreme amount of turnover at this branch.

Productive great clients

Great Team environment. You always know your team has your back and everyone will Pitch in when needed without asking if an emergency happens and things get backed up. Done for one another not just a particular group. There is no favoritism, everyone is part of the overall group. Each striving with one goal in common, to advance the Amedisys home health quality of care for each deserving client. Overall great place to work and feel appreciated that its not just a place to work but a family.

not bad

Much is expected of nurses and RNs are charting endlessly. Clinical managers work twenty four seven. It is possible to move up if you are inclined to do so.

Typical Corporate atmosphere

Not concerned about patients and families really, All about the money. Upper management can bring about things that run off, great, RNs, LPNs, PTs, OTs, ST’s and Aides. Operations and BD are not married here AT ALL. Only want MCR referrals, no insurance referrals and do not tell the truth about care availability.

It’s the luck of the draw

All territories are not created equally. It’s a great job if you have the right territory. Unfortunately they have too many reps and only a few get the good accounts. And there’s not much time to build a territory to grow into something better. With managed care, the whole industry is suffering.

Okay

Not bad. Use your car a lot. Will abuse you to keep doing more work even if you haven’t had a day off. Getting a day off is difficult because no one wants to take your patients.

Must come with caring heart.

I enjoy case management here. Pay could be better. Benefits could be better too. There is a lot of wear and tear on your car. Need company car. Overall it's OK to work here.

Pros

Patients

Cons

Short breaks, benefits

Terrible culture of retaliation, bullying

Amedisys pays master-level social workers less than they do clinicians with 1 yr certificates. Completely undervalued with the expectation to fix impossible patient situations. Required to work regularly "off the clock" for no compensation. Mgmt will and does change your timesheet. If you advocate for yourself, the retaliation is relentless. Amedisys hires immature and petty RNs with 2 yr degrees to supervise clinicians with masters and doctoral degrees. Turnover is incredible and, as a result, patient care is diminished. Travel is never paid adequately and there's no recourse because it's calculated automatically. If you are a MSW, work anywhere but here. Literally. You'll be promised adequate work but you'll find yourself driving an hour between patients using your own time. As a result, you'll chart "off the clock" at night to meet the documentation deadlines. Mgmt doesn't care about anything other than #s and their bonuses--which MSWs will never be eligible for. Resigned and got a position paying 40k more. That's how sad their pay for MSWs is.

Pros

Ability to help patients

Cons

Management/ everything else

Truly sets you up for success!

So far everything explained to me in my interview was completely true. I am happy I made the switch over and plan to stay and grow with the company long term.

Unrealistic expectations

You will eat sleep and breathe Amedisys. Corporate is out of touch with field work. If a patient goes back to the hospital, it's your fault. Work life balance is horrible.

A lot of recent changes

Changes are being made at a corporate level that are affecting patients and staff adversely. Patients and the job are wonderful and rewarding. Corporate is out of touch with true needs of the patients

Great coworkers, staff, and clients

Amedisys is a good company to work for. I could not keep up with the rising gas costs and neither could they. I worked for Amedisys Beacon for 2 years and I wish I was still working there. The staff will move mountains to keep a good employee and they do their best to show that you are appreciated. I can speak for the Plymouth branch only. Hospice is rewarding and having good people to work with, is a definite plus.

Very stressful, micro managed

When I started working for the company it was great, now very low raises, unrealistic expectations. Work load is not manageable at all. Not a comfortable environment anymore. I believe in working hard and taking ownership of the company I work for now I am tired. Seems to be more about the money and less about patient care. It makes me sad

A lot of work with little compensation

The opportunity to get to know your patient and really help them is there all day long. Most patients and families are so happy that you are there to help which is rewarding. Occasionally you get that patient that thinks they were ordered home health by their physician as punishment and they can take a little time to come around but I enjoy a challenge… The big problem with the work atmosphere at Amedisys is a very poor training program or shall I say lack there of. My training consisted of sitting in front of a computer completing so many training modules, then a short time talking to someone who basically takes care of payroll as well as many other things, a short visit with a PT, an OT, and the Social Worker. The following week (this would be the third or fourth week) I was assigned to do ride alongs with another RN who wasn’t even a permanent employee but a temporary nurse… I learned from her how to get into the computer (Samsung tablet) that visits are done on, how to complete an admission, a recertification, an evaluation,and a resumption of care. The things I was not trained on were very important omissions… To include how the pay worked with number of hours and number of visits. Mileage reimbursement. The fact that you have to manage your own non productive hours, and if you want to use PTO after it’s approved you have to add it to your time, as well as adding your time for on call ext. Basically it’s kinda like you’re self employed and you keep up with everything. Yet you aren’t shown that during the orientation process. The compensation for the amount of work you -

Very productive

Really loved the hours and my patients, but office staff a joke. Too much gossip and drama. They have a very high turnover rate due to poor management.

Bad company don't work for them.

This company is horrible to work with. The management make decisions and don't even tell the employees. My pay was changed without even being notified. Even though I am paid per visit, I have to report 8 hours per day to this company even when I go to the bathroom.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Amedisys