Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 42,429 reviews matching the searchSee all 42,430 reviews

Work flow

Amazon is a batter place to work if you are qualified. You can enjoy your work. Amazon do care about their employees. if you are happy with them you can continue for a long while.

Pros

Can get a best Experience.

Cons

Time consuming

You can work when you want

You can chose hours but the pay is not good. They have a freezer and they give you the equipment that’s good. Sometimes is hard to know what your doing because once they hire you and train you the only do it one time and but they are willing to help you.

Pros

Being able to choose when to work

7 year Associate at the F.C

Good to work hear while going to school but don't rely on this job to get you anywhere. Almost no promotion unless you have college degree. That only gets you to Assistant Manager who is over worked and underpaid.

Pros

Great for students and part time

Cons

Dead end without prospect

Don't believe all the horror stories

I had heard so many bad things about working at Amazon before I applied. I found none of it to be accurate. I loved working at Amazon. The management situation is a little weird because they assign you a new manager every few months and no one even tells you. You rarely interact with your manager, though so it's not a huge deal. Some managers are more engaged than others. Some are more supportive than others. There are always opportunities to move around and learn/do different things, so you don't have to be stuck doing the same thing every day. Their time off policy is better than anywhere I've ever heard off. Your time is truly yours. If you have time off available, it is yours to use whenever you want. You don't have to tell anyone or get permission. You can leave early, come in late, or not come in at all without having to consult with anyone. It gives you so much more control over your life. If I hadn't had to move out-of-state, I would never have left.

Pros

Time off policy, Diversity and inclusiveness, Variety and opportunities for growth/advancement, Work/Life balance, Excellent benefits

Cons

Constantly changing managers without notice

It's Fine

It's an ok place to work. I don't love it or hate it. It's very mid. A good place to work if its your field or something you enjoy. But if not it becomes old very quickly.

Pros

pay

Cons

staff

What is the best part of working at the company?It’s was decent pay until something better came along.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Hourly performance RATES! What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Rush rush rush, and hopefully you won’t get hurt before you find a better job.What is a typical day like for you at the company?I was a picker so I worked a 10 hour shift and got one 30 minute break, they cut the second break by implementing “scan to scan” on the second break. End result the second break was only 15 minutes. 10 hours..45 minutes off your feet.

Great!

Fun and interesting! Good leads, up to date equipment . Only issue is they need to pay more! Other than that very laid back job. Would recommend working here

Extreme work load

Extreme workload and everything depends on how you finish the task you were handed regardless of how difficult it is compared to other interns. Bare minimum support from mentor.

Pros

They pay good money

Cons

Too much work

Overall, not bad but a lot boils down to your manager

I enjoyed the work itself, but a terrible manager can make the experience awful. And Amazon hired and kept some really bad ones in my experience. Met a lot of nice folks (outside of management). Overall, it wasn't a bad experience and I would work for them again.

Pros

Easy dress code, flexible hours.

Cons

They tolerate managers who treat people badly. Hard to advance.

Not a good experience

Long hours on your feet and they track when you use the bathroom. 15 minutes of your 30 minute break will be used getting to the break room. Pay is not worth all the work you have to do

Interesting Job

I have worked here several times over the years during the holidays. The pay is not bad. If you want to get exercise, this is the job you want. There are a lot of odd folks but also a lot of nice people to work with. Managers are half and half. About half of them are great to work with but there is also a large percentage of them that are very ignorant and unprofessional and the favoritism is astonishing with the latter. All in all, I try to look past that part, and usually enjoy myself.

Negative management

Bad management, alot of very inexperienced, extremely unqualified people running the floor. I had countless managers need to ask me how to use or do things because they legitimately didn't know how to do it themselves. While I was there I set a record for the most items done in a way and it wasn't even half way through the day yet. Never once did I get offered any sort of advancement for having the skills and traits necessary to lead. Terrible job security, terrible management and little to no advancement opportunities.

Pros

Met a lot of nice people that I still remain friends with to this day.

Cons

The job itself is repetitive, boring and has little to no advancement opportunities

It wasn't bad

It wasn't to bad I enjoyed most of what the job has to offer I particularly enjoyed the amount of excerise done while on the job due to the role I had.

It keeps you busy and good benefits.

They teach you all the basics and the are very patient with their employees and don't be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure about anything it helps if you have experience from previous sites. Also you will be trained to use the forklift so if you have a fear of heights just be aware.

Pros

Keep busy good workout benefits

Cons

Breakroom is quite a ways away, alot of walking

You're just a number

Amazon is a terrible company to work for. Perfect if you enjoy working hard, getting yelled at by your manager for failing to hit your rate that your manager can't even hit, adults who act like their in middle school, Drama drama drama.

Pros

Benefits, going home

Cons

Rewarding people for ratting on organizing coworkers, being anti union, leaders who don't lead, etc, etc.

Easy work, although tediouos

The work was very easy. Returns center using a computer to process returns. People like to complain about Amazon but it was a good place to work and we got paid pretty well for the work that we were doing. If you go to work and do your job instead of using the work day as a social hour, managers will leave you alone and do what they can to help you advance.

Pros

Easy work, Decent Pay, 4 day work week, $0.25 raise every 6 months

Cons

Not much vacation time and it accrues slowly, hard to get a promotion

Great people, fast paced

If you can be on your feet for long periods of time and just simply do your job at a reasonable pace than this place is great to work at. Great benefits immediately. Paid time off, vacation time, sick time. Weekly pay and option of getting paid early with wisely card. I love my job here !!

Pros

Pto, time off

Cons

On your feet long / mandatory overtime holiday season

Not A Great Experience

Very uneventful and not worker friendly at all. The pay was sufficient during the time but you were seen as just a number. The hours were very rigid and there was no flexibility regarding sick time or PTO.

Takes advantage of young people

Takes advantage of recent graduates for entry level management positions. anyone with work experience would see it for the trap it is. I appreciate the foot in the door that I got, but would not recommend it to others, There are minimal transferable skills

Pros

3 day weekends

Cons

unrealistic expectations

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing you are always overlooked for everything you are treated poorly they will tell you what you want to hear just to get you out of their faces safety is nonexistent until they want to get you out the door they say people are only good for 2 years What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The rates and lack of safety What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Nothing but lies What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful everything was always put on one shift and no matter how much you do it's not enough

Challenging but fun - good experience

As they provide full training, the experience was very fulfilling. Staff is friendly and helpful, and management treats you well and not only as a number. The work itself is challenging, but all resources are made available to you. I enjoyed it a lot, and learned a lot

Pros

Everyone loves money, so Nightshift allowance a bonus

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Amazon.com
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?