ALDI

ALDI Employee Reviews

Showing all 9,762 reviews

Great if you never get hurt and want to work a ton

It'll keep you busy 100% of the time, you will pretty much never have downtime until the last customer leaves, and even then, they rush you to clean and get everything spik and span in an hour. Typically its one manager and one or two associates running the store, simply because they have very high expectations. This makes it hard for them to hire people in the first place

Pros

You get to know your coworkers well, ive stayed friends with them after leaving the job

Cons

Max of one 30 minute break, even for a 10+ hour shift, pressure to never call out even when sick

Miserable Management

I couldn’t find a new job quick enough. Management is rude and refuses to train properly - they’re lazy and love to pass the buck - more than what is expected. The gossip is horrible and when you inform management about it, it feels like they single you out (because they’re the biggest gossipers of all). Pay and benefits are great, I will miss them!!!!

Pros

Employee perks

Cons

Favoritism

Good place to work but limited advancement opportunities

It's a good place to work if you need a steady paycheck, but that is it. The opportunity for advancement is limited and sometimes rules are set in place and never followed through with. Things are constantly changing which can be a little confusing for employees

Hard on your body

They are quick to let someone go but takes to long to hire someone to replace. Meanwhile, the last ones standings are forced to do the work of the ones missing. I would recommend if you need money fast. But for the sake of your health I’d skip.

Okay place to work

Not a terrible place to work. Company itseld rotates management quite often and that can cause issues. Stocking was fun and meeting customers was fun. Sometimes they make you do the same things day in and day out and it can be monotonous. Pay was good and benefits were good. Just not the best management. Can vary from store to store however.

Employers are u fair as can be

If they don’t like you they will find any reason to fire you and they won’t even fire you they’ll put it in as voluntary leaving the job, so you can’t get government help when you have no job. It’s horrible.

Mal ambiente de trabajo

Mal ambiente de trabajo, ni siquiera hay agua y un solo baño para 120 trabajadores

Pros

Pago

There will always be something to do

great work environment, definitely a work out so you might break a sweat. when you understand your responsibilities better and are more familiar with the layout it’ll come so much easier day by day.

Hard work

If your a person that can’t sit still, can multitask and follow leadership or be a leader Aldi is great….you have to be prepared to work for you pay! It’s not an average food retailer!

Management was good

Management was great where I worked.I enjoyed working with my coworkersLots to learn at Aldis.Every employee has to enroll in ACE classes.Its like Aldis schooling.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Not the worst job I have had

Pay rates are very unequal, as well as pay rises, no employee representation so company can do what they want. No employee discounts at all, they have a perks at work scheme which involves other companies however Aldi are not included in giving you perks. Staff canteen is stocked with Aldi products only and not discounted,full price for everything.

Pros

Its a job

Cons

Horrible toxic place to work at, very stressful, non supportive managers.

I was employed as a sales assistant at a store in Sydney. Co-workers were very friendly and supportive, managers totally opposite- grumpy, always complaining and winging, never happy with what employees did. We came to this store as a group of a few people. Most left after probation, one person decided to stay as didn’t have a choice. We never heard any good word from them, no thank you, no please from the managers. The managers only care about speed (imagine throwing or pushing customer’s purchases to their trolleys 😉). Staff come and resign, especially after Covid when people realised what they want from a workplace. Aldi is a great example of non existing customer service, as a sales assistant I wasn’t allowed to help the customers by walking them to a product, I was only allowed to point a direction. Talking to customers is a big no-no as it takes a valuable time away. What a shame! The hiring managers are area managers, people straight after uni, usually barely knowing how hard is the work at Aldi stores. We had to punch out BEFORE we counted back our money although it was a part of our job, we weren’t paid for doing it. We were allowed to go to the toilet only during our breaks, otherwise we lost our performance. There is no career progress, once you are at store than it’s for always, you can be a store assistant, shift manager or store manager, all do the same job. Aldi doesn’t give any allowance for employees, no bonuses, no year parties, etc. Nothing. You spend a lot of time at the back which is very dirty and dusty as this is a place where products are unpacked and -

Pros

I didn’t see any. My previous work places were far, far better.

Cons

Managers don’t care, think about the sales only, the training is very poor almost non existent, no career future, very toxic environment.

Overworked and understaffed

Skeleton crew and the company needs lots of improvements. They’re so focused on low prices that the employees are overworked to maintain those low prices.

Hard work but rewarding

Great place. Great management . I recommend it to my friends. Aldi has trained us to drive a Tugger and how to pick products and put on pallets. I love Aldi warehouse.

Pros

We are paid for our lunch

Cons

Nothing as of yet

Best job ever if you have the right team

I worked at three locations. Richmond by far to this day is the best. Smooth running ship. May have had only three or four people working a shift, it worked beautifully. Wish I had not moved and had to transfer. The next location was a nightmare

Okay

The environment is fast and slow at times but the employees are nice. The pay is really good even without having to work a lot of hours. Good first job

Productive and fun

Aldi was not a good place to work. It was very hard to live a life that was conducive to being a human and work effectively. Don’t ever work here was terrible

Stressful environment

Very hard workUnprofessional managementUnrealistic time to work deliveriesLong hoursNo trainingUnsociable hours so no social/family life1 half an hour break in 10 hour shift

Strange Culture

Survival of the fittest working in Aldi Atherstone. Some great people however leadership is lacking. If you are the creative type, I would say stay well clear !

hard but engaging, well paying work

Good pay and career progression, great work culture and good management. Work can be hit or miss sometimes dependent on day. Can often be very fast paced and stressful but rewarding

Drama

Management is drama , drama , drama . Fast pace . Repetitive. Room for advancement maybe? Communication is poor . And everyone thinks there better then everyone else .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ALDI