AECOM logo

AECOM Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates181 reviews

Found 181 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,397 reviews

Intense working at Aecom

Stressful working environment, lots of overtimeSalary always paid on timeCan take leave daysMeet many different nationalities.Difficult to get payrise or promotion.

Great opportunity to work on such a big and complex project

Given the project's complex nature of having multiple contractors, it was a great learning and working experience. I was able to successfully keep the processes up-to date, review drawings and schedules, as well as keep the quality as per the standards with the help of the technical team.

Pros

Good personnel

Cons

Long hours, Rough terrains, Poor work environment

Good Benefits and Reward system but poor advancement opportunities.

Although, the salary/benefits are good, job security is low as it depends on projects. In addition, the advancement is slow and is a better place to solidify your position and then apply outside for a higher position.

Pros

Good Lunch Menus, great benefits

Cons

Slow advancement, no overtime, low mentorship program

Good projects and very experienced staff. Plenty of excellent training and mentorship opportunities. Good work environment and good packages for families.

Aecom

Nice company to work , with good set technical people .Great knowledge gaining was an added advantage.Learned lots of technical design experience , picked up management skills.

AECOM insights

What people like

• Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager

Great company to work with

I would describe a typical day at work to be active, due to coordination meetings and verification of all current/ updated changes in the project design. I have learned to practice a lot of multi-tasking and dealing with multi-racial or multi-nationals at work and with our clients, consultants, contractors and suppliers. As a Project Architect, I have managed to acquire better people skills, increased patience and understanding in dealing with each member of the team. The hardest part of the job is the delay of information, uncooperative team member, too many design changes/ suggestions and impossible deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have delivered the project design or the building itself.

Overview

Large corporation with corporate mentality good and bad. the local GCC head office is based in Abu Dhabi but the major decisions and direction come from USA which can cause slowing down of decision making process. The company is large and cannot take on a lot of interesting design projects especially architecture which is not the main company driver which is Engineering.

Pros

High number of sprecialists

Cons

heavy workload

Fun Workplace with good diversity

Good working environment, challenging and satisfying engineering practices. good support from higher officials. good guidance from the senior staff and colleagues.

Qualified/Unsafe

Best place for an engineer to improve themselves proffesionally. In the other hand, with the help of the market, you never feel safe with continuity of the work.

Pros

Good Income

Cons

Urgent Projects

Not ideal place for carer development due to management in most recent 2 years

No opportunity for the existing hardworking employees, professional - western work culture need to be re-instated as it was two / three years ago. More opportunity to be given existing western employees based on their experience in AECOM

productive

Only good experience to share with AECOM.AECOM is a good place to work.Management and staff is very understanding .AECOM cares all staff and job security is always there in AECOM

Pros

Cons

short hours

best consultant

big office

Team is very experienced and have good communication but management is very far from team and doesnt understand the needs of team. they force people to complete projects ın a very tight schedule and this cause project quality to be low than usual.

Worked as Autocad Draughtsman

I worked as Cad Draughts in Roads and Ifrastructure project with the traffic study drawings also. It is more enjoyable to work as a team with sharing the knowledge each other.

Great people

Ive gained knowledge and handle a lot of projects with AECOM. Handle big projects which is viewed as the pride of the United Arab Emirates. Overall a very good place to work in.

Job satisfaction

It was fun working with AECOM Learned many aspects of engineering & management Worked on a global platform with engineers and colleagues from all over the world Worked till retirement

Pros

Free transportation

Cons

Defined project completion dates

Best workplace

Best place to work as a family. Sharing talent and knowledge. Free training and learning lessons to your carreer. How to develop your goals and to achive.

Good experience for a fresh graduate

I had to do help the senior engineer with preparing monthly reports. I had to do data entry. I also helped with scheduling, drawing, quantity take off, etc.

Multicultural, Employee oriented and Ergonomic work conditions.

I joined AECOM as a young yet responsible HR coordinator for one of the most prestigious project teams at the time. I worked with colleagues from various backgrounds and nationalities. Diversity was indeed at its best at AECOM. I worked with four different managers during my tenure at AECOM who were very accommodating, resourceful for my developmental needs and true leaders. The work culture was truly positive and engaging. My work targets were always SMART! I learned many life skills, developed my personality and also was able to grow a great deal in terms of career. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with employees and being their first point of contact for HR queries. AECOM prepared me well for the leadership skills I needed in my future career.

Pros

Employee engagement activities, great colleagues

Multi diverse culture

A popular company in the middle east with a multi culture employees. Value company policy and has high respect with each individuals skills and capabilities.

Effective

My work experience with AECOM and department of transport made me more equipped and skilled when it comes to logistics and delivery of work on time. It has taught me to be more efficient and put more attention to details so that clients will be more satisfied.

Pros

Free transport

Cons

Long wait

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question