AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews for CAD Technician

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,607 reviews

I've been productive and attained a good level in drafting and design

Working at AECOM made me excel in so many ways, and i've learned a lot of software like revit, microstation and now i am learning civil 3d. I also got exposure to work not only in dry utilities but most of the time, i assist in doing some other services like wet networks, road and bridges and building project.

productive, discipline and silent workplace

I had the privilege to work with some fantastic and talented individuals in culturally diverse environments in AECOM. I have gained extensive experience working on various large scale projects. My job responsibilities included preparing scale drawings, layouts, longitudinal cross sections, formwork and reinforcement details, pier and foundation details, superstructure and culverts details. In addition, I have worked on a number of buildings projects in which I prepared drawings for marina substations, MMR room, pump station, service building, security building etc...

Fun Workplace with good diversity

Good working environment, challenging and satisfying engineering practices. good support from higher officials. good guidance from the senior staff and colleagues.

Production team is scarce, managers are too many

There is too many managers, some of which are graduates that finished their internship and suddenly became managers. Sonetimes unexperienced and production teams are put in danger of losing their jobs.

Pros

Free insurance for dependents

Cons

Big overhead cost shouldered by client

Cad

•Has involved in drafting of projects for Government and Private Clients, which includes buildings and infrastructure works. •Has involved in preparation of Drawings for MEP, HVAC, Fire Alarm and Fire Fighting Systems etc. for Building Services for the purpose of Concept, Detail, Tender and Construction issue. •Has done drawings for Electrical Power Distribution Systems including 11kV, 22kV, 33kV, 66kV Sub-Stations, HV-LV Networks etc. •Drawings were completed for Indoor and Outdoor Lighting, Street Lighting for Roads and Highways etc. •Also prepared the drawings for Distribution Sub-station switch gear equipment layout, power plant equipment layout etc. •Prepared the electrical drawings for Water Pumping Stations including MCC Building, Single Line Diagrams, Cable Routing etc. •Has involved in preparing the drawings for water piping networks, including gravity and pressure mains for sewage, storm water, potable water and irrigation. •Prepared the drawings for various Landscape projects. •Co-ordination with all engineering disciplines and preparation of services drawings, spatial requirements, conversant with Mechanical, Electrical codes & standards. •Co-ordination with the Junior CAD team to produce drawings to the required quality and to the agreed time. •Compiles and maintains job drawing files and records as per the project procedure, using correct numbering system and making backup files (hard and soft copies) regularly to prevent losing documents.

Jobs at AECOM