AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,621 reviews

Aecom in genral very good company

I liked AECOM and I liked working with him AECOM is very good company to grow up if you have capability Salaries are very good ******************

Pros

We had a lot of fun

Cons

We can take sick leave if required

Productive and professional work environment

Work was varied and fairly relaxed but fast paced. Training was good, except for communication on deadlines for learning on the computer for promotion to full time employment from temporary employment.

Farily paid and good project reference

The package offered by Aecom is fair enough, with 15 days of AL, bank holiday, medical insurance covering you and your family (spouse and child), guaranteed year-end bonus.The project reference is good enough for your CEng application.

Good company

Generally it is a good place to work. They laid me off due to lack of work. I understand why they did but wish they didn’t. Overall I have a good opinion of the company. The work location is in downtown New Orleans and parking is quite expensive. The building where they are located is very nice and well appointed.

Pros

Work location

Cons

Lack of work

I learn of lot of technical application

I have learned to be precised and accurate when executing a drawing. The management encouraged absoulate accuracy and double checking.The work place was fantastic, we help each other if there is a problem.The most enjoyable aspect is their willingness to inter connect different culture. We had morning tea every working days to induced cooperation amongst the different ranks .

Pros

Encouraged good work ethics

Cons

There is a shortage of professinal experienced seniors

Na

This seems like an accounting firm, not an engineering firm. There is a lot of pressure on project managers to keep margins high on client projects. Positions are outsourced to other Aecom offices in different countries that make a lot less money. PMs are forced to use folks overseas to perform tasks, which adds an extra layer of stress.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

As a whole

Company is global. It depends on where you work. I find that especially in times with covid they have no work life balance. They will not give you work for weeks and then call you to go work randomly. This of course is for the lower, beginner college level job positions.

Good

Had a good experience. Worked in a lot of projects. Adapted wel to pandemic. Little fish in a big pond. Exposure to a lots great people and great culture

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work life balance

Good co workers, management was not willingly to give raises or advancement

Where can I start, retaliation if you call hr about an issue with management, hr is always on their side as to say they have a reason to yell at us. Bad

Pros

A gift card at Christmas

Cons

Cant say all i want, racist when i was there, some management had alcoholism issues while at work, would not promote unless kissed butt, i guess thats all cant go over 100 characters

Very good

I don't have anything to say but it's very good to work in this company, when I was employed my colleagues are very cooperative and helpful. Also work place condition is good.

Pros

Sponsored

Cons

Provide health care insurance

Just a very weird experience.

Loved my responsibilities and projects I was assigned with my team. Office politics was something more than expected. Passive aggressive behavior, non team environment, and lack of accountability for ones performance was more than I was looking for. When there’s a rule that no one can be terminated regardless of performance. It’s not a team and in business of construction no one can build alone.

Pros

Toxic people hung out together so you knew who to stay away from

Cons

If the program director is bad it’s going to be a long project.

Great Flexibility

Very flexible. Job and happiness depends on your group and manager. Not great office culture, some fun events. Projects are good and challenging. Normal big company problems.

Learning and continuous education is a very important Strategy at AECOM

Working at a AECO give me a chance to complete my masters degree and learning more about structure design when I used software for analysis. Managers are very helpful and understanding for your need.

Pros

Free lunch during seminars

Cons

Short break is allowed during your work to get yourself refreshed again

Challenging and rewarding work

This is a firm with great people and great projects. You get a lot of experience and my team was very supportive. There was a variety of work to do and always something new to learn.

Pros

Great projects, great people, lots of learning opportunities and a variety of projects to work on

Cons

Huge company, sometimes felt like you’re just a number

The Best Place to work

I had the Opportunity to Join AECOM for 2 years contract and it was the best time in my working carrier, They have a proper system for everything and people are educated and humble.

AECOM provide an equal opportunity to all of its employee and having friendly environment

AECOM is committed to excellence and provides all kind of support to and assistance to its employee. You can enjoy a balanced work and family life while working in this orginization.

Great people to work with!

Very specialized projects (depends on what department you’re in) but the people were amazing! It’s a big company so expect to work on large scale projects that last for years. The only downside to large scale projects are that you often get pigeonholed to certain tasks and it gets boring and repetitive.

Felt like a small company since everyone helped each other to get the work out. Great culture. Corporate support was extremely supportive to the folks in the field.

Pros

Good family and work balance. Everyone respects each other’s positions.

Cons

Had to work out of town a lot.

Productive and supportive workplace

Best company I’ve ever worked for, very understanding and flexible whilst allowing you to progress pretty quickly. Good mentorship program to help people new to the industry progress.

Pros

Supportive team

Cons

None that I can think of

Good work life balance

Overall i think this is a great place to work. I have a decent work life balance, my managers are helpful, and my workload is not stressful. Of corse this can vary from location to location and also depends on job title. Because it is a large company they have lots of training (videos) that you have to complete every year such as ethics and diversity, etc. ( this is normal for most large companies). Office locations are everywhere so you can transfer to another office if you want (after satisfying a minimum period of employment). The pay is average for the industry that I am in. There is also a big focus on utilization rate (make sure you are billable).

Pros

Great work environment and flexible schedule

Cons

Lots of training and. non-competitive salary

Good place to work, i would recommend.

Company is a strong Architectural and Engineering management company. AECOM is a world wide employer and was formed by acquisitions of other large corporations. AECOM has the ability to pay employees very well, and do so to deserving employees. AECOM has a competitive compensation and benefits package. The work atmosphere and management team leave something to be desired, but overall a good company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K
1.4K

• AECOM
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?